Centre for Integrative Medicine and Research (CIMR)
Division of Ayurveda
Manipal Academy of Higher Education is a renowned centre of excellence in teaching and in providing quality medical services in India and other parts of the world. The University is equipped with world class infrastructure, facilities and dedicated faculty for teaching and research.
The Division of Ayurveda is an indispensible part of the University, established with a view to provide value based Ayurvedic treatment to the general public. The Department has a wide stream of patients, referrals from other departments, collaborations with various National and International institutions and incorporates update technical and investigative means. The numerous research activities undertaken have established the wisdoms of Ayurveda & opened up new horizons in the field. The seminars, CME programmes workshops have always set an example to others. Learning has always been a pleasure here.
PGCPK program highlights
The Postgraduate Certificate Course in Panchakarma offered by the Division of Ayurveda is a 6-month program that involves:
• Practical oriented and evidence-based learning.
• Audio visuals, bedside and hands-on experience of Panchakarma procedures.
• Seminars, group study and participation in National and International conferences, symposiums and workshops.
• Theoretical, practical, intellectual sessions and field study.
PGCPK course focus:
- This programme aims to impart quality education in the field of Ayurveda in order to bridge the gap between theory and practical application of Panchakarma therapy in clinical practice. The current trend of Global health care demands evidence-based practice and the programme intends to offer the same, banking on the abundant documented clinical experience of the department. Thus the programme is a promising ray of quality education in the field of Ayurveda in a very short span of time.
- Motivating the students to participate in scientific research and publication on lines of the principles and practice of authentic Ayurveda.
- Exposing the students to the latest digital technology that can be incorporated in Ayurveda practice.
Opportunities for PGCPK Electives: Various certificate programs offered by the Department as well as the University are open for the students of PGCPK by which they can enrich their knowledge and experience.
Division of Ayurveda infrastructure highlights: The department is located in prime location of the University campus, easily accessible, amidst lust green premises. It also houses well-furnished waiting lounge and reception for the patients. Well planned Consultation rooms and therapy rooms with state –of- the- art Panchakarma equipment have always boosted the enthusiasm of the physicians, students and the patients .
The classroom is highly sophisticated, with air conditioner, projector and computer. The Research room possesses all required research amenities.
Clinical exposure at Division of Ayurveda :
The multidimensional facet of this programme aims at;
- Imparting necessary basic skills of Ayurvedic methods of patient examination, identifying the limitations of it and analysing measures to incorporate contemporary methods of diagnosis wherever necessary.
- Addressing the necessity to thoroughly apprehend and analyse the clinical utility of Panchakarma & other Ayurvedic therapies, which further enhances the confidence and capability of the students while practicing the same.
- Identifying the key areas in the field of Panchakarma that is globally accepted, practically proven and to use them as preventive, promotive and curative therapies.
- Promoting necessary basic skills and knowledge related to practice of Diet and Life- style counselling, specific to different diseases and individual needs of the patient which are applicable in day to day practice.
- The Department has well established Out-patient department which deals with all streams of clinical medicine. The students will acquire wide-range of exposure in treating several chronic and challenging conditions like autoimmune disorders, neurological disorders, disorders of bones and joints, dermatological conditions, gynecological disorders etc. where therapeutic outcome in the contemporary medicine is poor. The department has more than 35 years of cumulated clinical and research experience in dealing with many chronic diseases with better outcome. The department of Ayurveda has experience in applying all Panchakrma treatments including all allied procedures.
Opportunities after PGCPK :
- Can establish Panchakarma therapy center
- Can join any reputed Ayurvedic Hospitals/Ayurvedic therapy centres in India & abroad.
- Can join Wellness Centres/cruise
Students can take part in various cultural activities organized by the student union and MAHE. They can also participate in different competitions conducted and also be part of Volunteers service organization.