CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- He is teaching undergradutes and postgraduate program and involved in research
Nirmal Mazumder is Assistant Professor in the Department of Biophysics at the School of Life Sciences.
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|PhD||Biophotonics||National Yang Ming University, Taiwan||2013|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Biophysics, School of Life Sciences, MAHE, Manipal, India||Assistant Professor||June 2016 – to date|
|Department of Nanophysics and NeuroBrain Technology, Italian Institute of Technology, Genoa, Italy||Postdoctoral Fellow||Nov. 2014 - June 2016|
|Department of Biology, University of Virginia, USA||Postdoctoral Research Associate||Researcher and facility management||Nov. 2013 - June 2014|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Biophotonics, Biophysics, Microscopy study of Starch
Area of Expertise
Development of Optical Microscopy, Image Processing
Area of Research
Polarization optical microscopy development, Biochemistry of Starch, Medical device
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- President, OSA student chapter at National Yang-Ming University, 2013.
- Chapter advisor, Manipal OSA Student Chapter (2016 to date).
Memberships of Professional Association
- Society of Biological Chemists (I) (Life Member)
- Environmental Mutagen Society of India (Life Member)
- SPIE—the International Society for Optical Engineering
- Optical Society of America (OSA) (Young Professional)
- Biophysical Society of ROC, Taiwan
- The Physics Society of ROC, Taiwan
- Optical Society of India (OSI)
Referee of Scientific Journals
- Optics Express
- Applied Optics
- Optics Letter
- World Journal of Gastroenterology
- Journal of Biomedical Optics
- Chinese Optics Letter
- Physica Status Solidi A: Applications and materials science
- JOSA B
- JOSA A
- Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology,
- Microscopy Research Technique
- Lasers in Medical Science
- European Biophysics Journal
Reviewer for “OSA Activity and Youth Education grants 2014, 2015, 2016”.
Awards and Honors:
- Spandana K. U., K. K. Mahato, N. Mazumder, Development of Four-Channel based Linear Stokes-Mueller Polarization Microscope for Tissue Characterization, Frontiers in Optics/ Laser Science Conference, Sept. 14- 20, 2018, Washington, U.S.A. (Best polarization poster award).
- Priyanka Ashish, Prarthana V Kowsik, K. K. Mahato, Nirmal Mazumder, “Revealing Molecular Structure of Starch Granules using Various Microscopy Methods” International Symposium on Advances in Biomedical Optics and Applications, March 22, 2018, Manipal, India (Best poster award).
- Excellent Ph.D. thesis Award (2014), Physics Society of Taiwan.
- International Photonics Conference at Taiwan (IPC, 2012), Taiwan (Best paper award).
- NYMU Ph.D. Scholarship, 2009.