CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clinical in-charge: Extension postings (Asha Nilaya/Asare/ Dr. TMA Pai Rotary Hospital, Karkala/ Udayavara posting/ Vijetha school, Karkala).
- Clinical Supervision and Patient care
- Dept. Web Co-ordinator
- Department Library Incharge
- Fourth Semester Class Co-ordinator
- Teaching: Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- Guide: Conferences / Paper presentations/Dissertations
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Fluency and its Disorders||I MSc (SLP), 2nd semester|
|Fluency and its Disorders||5 SEM BASLP|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|PhD||Speech Language Pathology||AIISH, Mysuru||2021|
|Masters In Speech Language Pathology||Speech Language Pathology||AIISH, Mysuru||2015|
|Bachelor’s in Audiology and Speech language Pathology||Audiology and Speech language Pathology||JSSISH, Mysuru||2013|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Aarupadai Veedu Medical College and Hospital (AVMC)||Assistant Professor||Teaching, Research and Clinical Supervision||6 months|
|All India Institute of Speech and Hearing (AIISH), Mysuru||Junior Research Fellow||Research and Clinical Supervision||3 years|
|Hearing Wellness Clinic (HWC), Bengaluru, India.||Speech-Language Pathologist||Assessment and Management of Communication Disorders||4 Months|
|Listening Ears, Starkey Pvt Ltd||Speech Therapist||Assessment and Management of Communication Disorders||7 Months|
|All India Institute of Speech and Hearing (AIISH)||Speech Language Pathologist Grade 1||Assessment and Management of Communication Disorders||1 Year 7 Months|
|Karnataka ENT Hospital and Research Center.||Consultant Speech Language Pathologist||Assessment and Management of Communication Disorders||5 Months|
|Punyakoti Psychiatric Hospital||Consultant Speech Language Pathologist||Assessment and Management of Communication Disorders||5 Months|
‘CAT-K: Communication Attitude Test in Kannada for School-Age Children Who Stutter’
All India Institute of Speech and Hearing (AIISH) Publication, ISBN-13: 978-93-86511-21-8.
‘SSC-ER-K: Speech Situation Checklist-Emotional Reaction in Kannada for School-Age Children Who Stutter’
All India Institute of Speech and Hearing (AIISH) Publication ISBN-13: 978-93-86511-20-1.
‘BigCAT-K: Communication Attitude Test in Kannada for Adults Who Stutter’
All India Institute of Speech and Hearing (AIISH) Publication ISBN - 13: 978-81-949876-9-7
Telerehabilitation in Stuttering.
4th Book Chapter In, S. K. Gupta (Ed.). Telerehabilitation in Communication Disorders and Mental Health(1st ed., pp.75-103). SAGE Publications India Pvt Limited. ISBN: 9789353882778.
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Speech Language Pathology
Area of Expertise
Fluency and its Disorders, Voice and its disorders
Area of Research
Stuttering and Voice disorders
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
Membership of the Professional bodies:
- Life member of the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI)
- Life member of the Indian Speech & Hearing Association (ISHA)
- Life member of the International Cluttering Association.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- March 2022, NIDCD Travel Grant Award by the International Fluency Association to present at the Joint World Congress on Stuttering and Cluttering 2022 Montreal, Canada May 27-30, 2022.
- January 2021, Travers Reid Award for best paper presentation titled ‘Adaptation and validation of the Speech Situation Checklist-Emotional Reaction (SSC-ER) for Kannada-speaking school-age children who do and do not stutter’, 12th Oxford Dysfluency Conference, Online event, Oxford, UK. [Award open to any student whose research project was undertaken within the last three years on the subject of stammering in childhood. Presenters are judged on the strength and potential value of the research, and the standard of the presentation given at the Conference. The recipient of the award will receive £300].
- February 2020, Dr B M Abrol Award for best paper in Speech and Language Pathology for the paper ‘Comparison of relative efficacy of prolonged speech and pause and talk technique in school-age children who stutter’. Paper presented at the 52nd Indian Speech and Hearing Association Conference, Chandigarh, India.
- February 2019, Dr B. M. Abrol Award for best paper presentation in speech category for the paper titled ‘Adaptation and Validation of The Speech Situation Checklist (SSC) To Kannada Speaking School-Going Children Who Stutter’ at the 51st Indian Speech and Hearing Association Conference, held at NIMHANS Bengaluru, India.
"Arogyautha dhwani Hegirali kallagi"