CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Unit in-charge of cardiopulmonary physiotherapy (Intensive care unit) at KMC Hospital Ambedkar Circle.
- Question paper setter, internal examiner (Manipal Academy of Higher Education only) and external examiner for various universities in India for UG and PG programs in Physiotherapy.
- In-charge of 4th year BPT and 1st MPT students – is involved in preparation of class schedule, clinical postings and arranging classes apart from coordinating with the clinical staff of other departments for classes.
Dr. Gopala Krishna Alaparthi is Associate Professor in the Department of Physiotherapy at KMC Mangalore, Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Physiotherapy in Cardiopulmonary Sciences||IV year BPT|
|Exercise Physiology||IV year BPT|
|Exercise Therapy -1||I year BPT|
|Ethics||III year BPT|
|Cardio Pulmonary Sciences for Physiotherapy||I and II MPT|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MPT||Intensive Critical Care Physiotherapy||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||2007|
|Ph. D (Doctor of philosophy)||CARDIOPULMONARY PHYSIOTHERAPY||MAHE||2015|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Physiotherapy, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Assistant Professor - Selection Grade||August 2012 - till date|
|Department of Physiotherapy, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Assistant Professor - Senior scale||August 2011- July 2012|
|Department of Physiotherapy, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Assistant Professor||August 2009 - July 2011|
|Department of Physiotherapy, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Lecturer||February 2009- July 2009|
|Padmashree Institute of Physiotherapy, Bangalore||Lecturer||August 2007- January 2009|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Critical Care Physiotherapy, Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation, Exercise Physiology
Area of Expertise
Critical Care Physiotherapy
Area of Research
Physiotherapy In Cardiopulmonary Sciences, Critical Care Physiotherapy, Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Award of certificate for outstanding Contribution to Medical Literature in year 2011 and 2012 by KMC Mangalore.
- Life Member of Indian Association of Physiotherapists
Chest physiotherapy during immediate postoperative period among patients undergoing laparoscopic surgery-a randomised controlled pilot trail
International Journal of Biomedical and Advance Research, Vol 04(02),118-122, 2013. Chest physiotherapy contributed towards early recovery of pulmonary function and diaphragm excursion among patients who had undergone laparoscopic surgery