Dr Santhosh Chidangil
MSc. Physics and PhD Physics
Department of Atomic and Molecular Physics
22 years .
- Head of the Department,[2010-present] Professor and Head, Centre for Atomic and Molecular Physics, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal.
- [2006-2010] Associate Professor& In Charge Head of the Centre for Atomic and Molecular Physics, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal.
- [2002-2006] Assistant Professor&In Charge Head of the Centre for Laser Spectroscopy, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal.
- [1997-2002] Assistant Professor, Academy of Medical Sciences, Pariyaram, Kannur University, Kannur
Areas of Interest in teaching
Laser Induced Fluorescence, micro- Raman Spectroscopy, Optical Tweezers, Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS), Femtosecond Photonics and proteomics of clinical samples for the early detection of diseases with emphasis on cancer.
Top 5 research publications/ Projects
- AjeetkumarPatil, K S Choudhari, Unnikrishnan V. K., KeerthilathaM.Pai, RavikiranOngole, NandithaShenoy, V.B Kartha, and SanthoshChidangi, Salivary protein markers: non-invasive protein profile-based method for the early diagnosis of oral premalignancy and malignancy, Journal of Biomedical Optics, 2013 (Article in press).
- V.K. Unnikrishnan, Rajesh Nayak, Praveen Devangad, M.M. Tamboli, C. Santhosh, G.A. Kumar, D.K. Sardar, Calibration based laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS) for quantitative analysis of doped rare earth elements in phosphors. Materials Letters, 107, 322–324, 2013.
- V. K. Unnikrishnan, Rajesh Nayak, KiranAithal, V. B. Kartha, C. Santhosh, G. P. Gupta and B.M. Suri.Analysis of trace elements in complex matrices (soil) by Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS),Analytical Methods5, 1294–1300, 2013.
- J. Thomas, R. Bernard, K. Alti, A.K. Dharmadhikari, J.A. Dharmadhikari, A. Bhatnagar, C. Santhosh, Pattern formation in transparent media using ultrashort laser pulses. Optics Communications, 304, 29–38, 2013.
- A. Bankapur, R. S. Krishnamurthy, E. Zachariah, S. Chidangil, B. Chougule, P. Bhavishna, M. Valiathan and D. Mathur, Micro-Raman Spectroscopy of Silver Nanoparticle Induced Stress on Optically-Trapped Stem Cells. PLoS ONE 7(4): e35075, 1-11, 2012.