CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engages theory and practical classes in Applied Nanotechnology, Non-linear Optics and Advanced Nanotechnology for the students of MSc Nanoscience and Technology and M.Sc. Photonics.
- Carries out research activities in preparation and characterization of nanoporous structures for different applications.
- Engages theory and pratical classes for Certificate Course in Nanoscience and Technology conducted by the department.
- Is Digital Coordinator for Departmental website in www.manipal.edu.
- Is Member of Project Implementation Group, FIST-2012.
- Is Laboratory In-Charge for M.Sc. Photonics and Nanoscience & Technology Course-Second Semester.
- Is Coordinator for Seminar series for Second Semester M.Sc. Photonics and Nanoscience & Technology Course-Second Semester.
- Is Member of Master of Science Program Syllabus Review Committee.
- Guides Masters degree students in the final year/semester project work.
- Is active Organising Committee member for one day symposia, workshops and conferences being organized by the department.
- Provides guidance and assistance to the students for classroom preparations, examinations, seminars, etc.
KS Choudhari is Assistant Professor-Senior Scale in the Department of Atomic and Molecular Physics.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|General Physics –Practical II –Laboratory Course||MSP 610||Second|
|Non-Linear Optics||MSP 705||Third|
|Advanced Optics and Electrodynamics||MSP 605||First|
|Applied Nanotechnology||MSN 703||Third|
|Advanced Nanotechnology||MSN 705||Third|
|Advanced Nanotechnology Laboratory Course-II||MSN 709||Third|
|Advanced Nanomaterials||MSN 610||Second|
|Advanced Nanotechnology Laboratory Course-I||MSP 609||Second|
|Basic Nanoscience and Technology Laboratory Course||MSN 609||First|
|Light Matter Interaction||MSP 601, MIP 101, MSN 601||First|
|Optical Materials||MIP 202||Second|
|Advanced Photonics Laboratory Course-I||MIP 205||Second|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MSc||Physics (Spectroscopy)||Karnatak University||2004|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Atomic and Molecular Physics||Assistant Professor-Senior Scale||2015 to till date|
|Department of Atomic and Molecular Physics||Assistant Professor||2011 - 2015|
|NITK, Surathkal||Junior Research Fellow||2008-2011|
|MAHE-PHILIPS Oral Cancer Project||Junior Scientist||2006-2008|
|JSS College, Vidyagiri, Dharwad, Karnataka||Lecturer||2004-2006|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Nanoporous structures preparation and characterisations, Biomedical Optics, Laser Spectroscopy.
Area of Expertise
Fabrication of nanoporous alumina structures, Characterization of nanostructures, Structural and thermal analyses of nanostructures, Data interpretations and analysis of X-ray Diffractograms and Scanning Electron Microscope images.
Area of Research
Microscopy and microanalysis of nanostructures, Optical characterisation of nanomaterials, Data analysis using statistical methods.
Analytical predictive capabilities of Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS) with Principal Component Analysis (PCA) for plastic classification
2013-01-01 V K Unnikrishnan Suresh D Kulkarn V B Kartha C Santhosh
2013, RSC Advances, Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), Vol 3, Pg 25872 -25880.
Quantification and Morphology Studies of Nanoporous Alumina Membranes: A New Algorithm for Digital Image Processing
2013, Microscopy and Microanalysis, Cambridge Publishing House, Vol 19, Pg 1061–1072.
Biomedical and Environmental applications of Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy
2013-01-01 V K Unnikrishnan Suresh D Kulkarni Rajesh Nayak V B Kartha
2014, Pramana, Springer, Vol. 82, No. 2, pp 397-401.
Salivary protein markers: non-invasive protein profile-based method for the early diagnosis of oral premalignancy and malignancy
2013, Journal of Biomedical Optics, SPIE, Vol 18(10), 101317.
Highly Sensitive High Performance Liquid Chromatography- Laser Induced Fluorescence (HPLC-LIF) for Proteomics Applications
2012, ISRN Spectroscopy, Hindawi Publishing Corporation.
Fabrication and high-temperature structural characterisation study of porous anodic alumina membranes
2012-01-01 P Sudheendra NK Udayashankar
2012, Journal of Porous Materials, Springer, Vol 19(6), Pg 1053-1062, K S Choudhari.
Fabrication of Nanoporous Alumina and Their Structural Characteristics Study Using SEM Image Processing and Analysis
2012-01-01 P Jidesh NK Udayashankar
2012, Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic, Metal-Organic, and Nano-Metal Chemistry, Taylor and Francis, Vol 42(3), Pg 369-375.
Titanium-Aluminium intermetallic thin films preparation by DC sputtering and their characterisation
2012-01-01 Sudheendra P AO Surendranathan NK Udayashanka
2012, Journal of Mechanical Engineering, Recent Science, Vol 2(3), Pg 12-17.
Evaluation of high-performance liquid chromatography laser-induced fluorescence for serum protein profiling for early diagnosis of oral cancer
2010, Journal of Biomedical Optics, SPIE, Vol 15(6), 067007-1-9.
Classification of Laser Induced Fluorescence Spectra from Normal and Malignant Tissues using Learning Vector Quantisation Neural Network in Bladder Cancer Diagnosis
2008, BIBE, IEEE.