Dr. Syam prasad Kuncham
Department of Mathematics
Qualification: Qualifications: BSc.(Mathematics), BEd.(Mathematical sciences), MSc.(Mathematics), MPhil.(Graph Theory), Ph.D.(Algebra)
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Professor - Department of Mathematics, MIT.
- Research guide for doctoral research scholars.
- Warden, MIT Hostels
- Algebra (Nearring Theory, Rings, Modules)
- Fuzzy Set Theory, Rough Set Theory
- Graph Theory
- University First Rank in M.Sc. (1994) – awarded Gold Medal
- UGC Project Fellow – 1995-96
- CSIR-SRF–Direct - Awarded, 1997
- CSIR-SRF-Extended (Post-Doctoral) - Awarded, 2000 (till Sept 2001)
- IMS-Prize for best paper in Algebra – Year 2000
- Open Arms Grants (by IMU - Italy) for Asia Pacific developing countries – 2018.
- Bilateral Exchange Program of INSA – under Sr. Scientist category – visited Yazd University for 3weeks - 2018. (Jointly sponsored by INSA (India) & IRS -Iran Academy of Sciences, Iran).
- A. Rényi Institute of Mathematics (Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Hungary (6 weeks – Yr.2003 (sponsored by AICTE, INSA)
- INSA-Visiting Fellow Award, 2004-2005
- Discrete Mathematics and Graph Theory (PHI Learning, 2009-1e, 2014-2e)
- Nearrings, Fuzzy Ideals and Graph Theory (CRC Press - 2013)
- Nearrings, Nearfields and Related Topics (World Scientific - 2017)
- Life Member of Ramanujan Mathematical Society, 1997.
- Life Member of Indian Mathematical Society, 1995.
- Life Member of International forum for Interdisciplinary Mathematics (USA), 1999.
- Life Member of Association for the Improvement of Math. Education, 2000.
- Life Member of Andhra Pradesh Society for Mathematical Sciences, 2002.
- Life Member of Ramanujan Mathematics Academy (AP), 2002.
- Life Member of Bombay Mathematical Colloquium, 2004.
- Life Member of Indian Science Congress Association, 2006.
- Life Member of International Association of Engineers, 2013.
- Life Member of Allahabad Mathematical Society, 2013