The BTech program in Mechanical Engineering offers these benefits
- Academic Qualification of Faculty: Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Department is one of the oldest departments in the institute. 30 faculty members have acquired PhD and the majority of others are pursuing PhD.
- Laboratory Facility: The department has well-equipped Mechanical Engineering laboratories. The students are exposed to practical verification of the knowledge they have acquired in their theory classes.
- Library Facility: A sufficient number of books are available in the MIT Library.
- Updated Syllabus: Modifications are made to include advanced topics of technical relevance every four years. Subjects in recently emerging fields like Finite Element Theory, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Heat Treatment of Engineering alloys, Composite Materials, etc are included as elective subjects so that interested students have an opportunity to learn these subjects.
- Mini Projects: Students are encouraged to take up projects like CFD of Turbine Blades, FEA of Solar Collector and Characterisation of composite material.
- Scholarship: Based on the academic excellence, students can seek scholarships from organisations like General Motors.
- Placement Record: The placement record of Mechanical Engineering Department is very good. Most of the eligible candidates are recruited by reputed organisations.
- Graduates can choose a career in organisations like ABB, Accenture, ACG Worldwide, Agro Com, Anglo Eastern Shipping, Ashok Leyland, BCH, BEL, Bluestar, Centuri, Link, Cummins India Ltd, Delloite, Essar, Future First, GMR Energy, HCL Core, Hero Motors, Honda Two Wheelers, Hero Motors Corporations, IBM, Indian Army, Infosys, Ingersol Rand, JSW, Kenna Metals, L& T, Mahindra & Mahindra, Maruti Suzuki, Michelin, Moog India, Mphasis, Mu Sigma, ONGC, Oracle, Punjlloid, Quest, Reliance, Tata Technologies, Tata Motors, TCE, TCS, TCE , Telcon, Tech Mahindra, Titan, Vedanta, WIPRO, WIPRO, W S Atkins, Zuari Cement.
Outline - BTech Mechanical Engineering
Programme Educational Objectives - BTech Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering graduates will be able to:
PEO 1: Apply the knowledge of Mechanical engineering to design and implement new systems, products, tools to address needs of the society.
PEO 2: Develop innovative technologies to solve engineering problems of social relevance and contribute to sustainable development.
PEO 3: Work effectively in a team to carry out multi-disciplinary projects and exhibit leadership qualities and communication skills.
PEO 4: Engage in lifelong learning for career advancement and adapt to change in professional and social needs.
Programme Outcomes - BTech Mechanical Engineering
PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO2: Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
The graduates of Mechanical Engineering will be able to:
PSO1: Apply principles and tools of design for developing efficient mechanical systems.
PSO2: Select suitable materials and manufacturing methods for mechanical engineering systems.
PSO3: Design and develop energy efficient sustainable thermal and transport systems.
Key Dates & Deadlines
Mon Mar 15 2021
Mar ' 21
Last date to Apply
Jul ' 21
Tentative Course Commencement Date
Indian Students Apply
International Students Apply
Indian Students Apply
International Students Apply
4 Years (8 semesters).
World-class laboratories give learning a practical dimension
State-of-the-art Innovation Centre to facilitate multi-disciplinary research
Libraries have excellent resources for reference and study
Paper tree - A green initiative by MIT students of MUTBI
Wi-Fi campus with modern computing and digital Facilities
Get the perfect start to your dream career by joining the Institution of Eminence