Industrial training is a part of the curriculum where students have to work in an industry which is related to their area of interest for a minimum period of 4 weeks. Essentially, this gives them an exposure to the technology in practice and industrial environment.
- Seminars included in the curriculum helps them to experience self-learning and develop communication and interpersonal skills.
- Various clubs operated at the department level train the students on various aspects related to the industrial requirements such as technical projects and opportunity to participate in competitions.
- Research activity in the department encourages them for innovations and lifelong learning.
- Workshops & conferences held at the department and institution level provides them with the relevant exposure.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO):
Electronics and Communication Engineering graduate should be able to:
- PEO1: Engage in design of systems, tools and applications in electronics, communication and allied engineering domains.
- PEO2: Apply the knowledge of electronics and communication engineering to solve problems of social relevance and pursue higher education and research.
- PEO3: Carry out core engineering and managerial tasks in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environments.
- PEO4: Communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership qualities, and exhibit professional conduct.
- PEO5: Engage in lifelong learning, career enhancement, and adapt to changing professional and societal needs.
Electronics & Communication Engineering Graduates will possess the following graduate attributes
- PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO):
Electronics & Communication Engineering Graduates will be able to
- PSO1: Apply principles of analogue and digital electronic circuit design and develop efficient electronic circuits to meet specified design objectives.
- PSO2: Architect, partition and select appropriate technologies for implementation of specified wired and wireless communication systems.
- PSO3: Plan, design and test device integration technologies and signal processing techniques to meet customer requirements.
- Graduates can choose from industries like automation, software solutions, & consulting, to product development, aerospace, automotive electronics medical electronics, research, etc.
- Graduates may pursue their Masters’ in varied fields but not limited to VLSI, MEMS, Nano Technology, Control Systems, Embedded Systems, Signal Processing and Communicatios.
- Some of the major companies where the students get placed are Cisco, Oracle, Toshiba, Deloitte, MU Sigma, Cybage, Saankhya Labs, Microsoft(SMSG), Unisys Global, TCS, Philips, Wipro, IBM, S&P Capital IQ, Ericsson Global, TATA ELXSI, Maruti Suzuki, Samsung R&D, Freescale, Societe Generale, Samsung Software India, Sapient Nitro, L&T IES, Philips Electronics, Mahindra & Mahindra, ABB (Asea Brown Boveri), Comviva Technologies Ltd, Nomura, Mphasis, Toshiba Embedded Software (I) Pvt Ltd and iGATE PATNI.
- There are opportunities for students in technical activities through technical clubs such as IE (E&C) student chapter, ISTE student chapter, IEEE student branch.
Outline - BTech Electronics and Communication Engineering
Key Dates & Deadlines
Mon Mar 15 2021
Mar ' 21
Last date to Apply
Jul ' 21
Tentative Course Commencement Date
Indian Students Apply
International Students Apply
Indian Students Apply
International Students Apply
4 Years (8 semesters).
World-class laboratories give learning a practical dimension
State-of-the-art Innovation Centre to facilitate multi-disciplinary research
Libraries have excellent resources for reference and study
Paper tree - A green initiative by MIT students of MUTBI
Wi-Fi campus with modern computing and digital Facilities
Get the perfect start to your dream career by joining the Institution of Eminence