Dr. Shivaprakash Y. M.
Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering
Qualification: BE, ME, PhD
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Associate Professor- Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, MIT.
- Associate In-charge – Fluid Machinery Laboratory.
- Member - Department Budget Preparation Committee.
- Coordinator - Department Alumni Relation Committee - Mechanical Engineering Program.
- Associate In charge – Fluid Machinery Lab.
- NAAC coordinator (MIE Dept.).
- Member of NBA committee (IP & M.Tech-CAAD) · Subject expert for PhD scholars.
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Design Engineering; Materials and Metallurgy
Area of Expertise
Solid Mechanics; Fluid Mechanics; Machine Design; Composite Materials; Heat Treatment, Wear
Area of Research
Metal Matrix Composites; Liquid State Processing of Composites; Powder Metallurgy; Wear of Alloys And Composites
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Member of Indian Society for Technical Education
|Manipal Institute of Technology, MAHE, Manipal||Associate Professor (Current Role)||2011-Present|
|Rao Bahadur Y. Mahabaleswarappa Engineering College, Bellary||Lecturer||(2007-2011) 4 Years|
|The Oxford Polytechnic, Bangalore||Lecturer||(2002-2005) 3 Years|