Dr Madhava Pai K
Department of Orthopaedics
Qualification: MS (ORTHO), DNB Clinical Fellowship in Division of Paediatric Orthopaedics 8/4/2019 to 31/10/2019 BC Children's Hospital, Vancouver Canada
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Co-coordinates seminars, radiology discussions, trauma and pre-operative audits.
- Co-ordinates journal club for the trainees.
- Is involved in outpatient and inpatient care.
- as a Trauma Medical Officer provides emergency Orthopaedic services
- actively involved in departmental Research activities with undergraduate and postgraduate students
Dr Madhava Pai teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Subject code||Semester / Year|
|Orthopaedics||MBBS||5th, 7th, 8th and 9th semester|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MS||Orthopaedics||M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore||2016|
|MBBS||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||2012|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||1/Oct/2018 till date|
|KMC Manipal||Senior Resident||22/08/2016 to 30/09/2018|
1. Vertebral, intraspinal and other organ anomalies in congenital scoliosis. Mohanty, S.P., Pai Kanhangad, M., Narayana Kurup, J.K., Saiffudeen, S. European Spine Journal, 2020, 29(10), pp. 2449–2456
2. Curve severity and apical vertebral rotation and their association with curve flexibility in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Mohanty, S.P., Pai Kanhangad, M., Gullia, A. Musculoskeletal Surgery, 2020
3. Single-stage anterior debridement, posterior instrumentation and global fusion in thoracic and thoracolumbar tubercular spondylodiscitis Mohanty, S.P., Pai Kanhangad, M., Yogesh Kumar, B., Singh, A.Musculoskeletal Surgery, 2019, 103(3), pp. 243–249
4. The extended posterior approach for resection of sacral tumours. Mohanty, S.P., Pai Kanhangad, M., Kundangar, R.European Spine Journal, 2019, 28(6), pp. 1461–1467
5. Morphometry of the lower thoracic and lumbar pedicles and its relevance in pedicle fixation. Mohanty, S.P., Pai Kanhangad, M., Bhat, S.N., Chawla, S. Musculoskeletal Surgery, 2018, 102(3), pp. 299–305
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Spinal Trauma, Deformity correction
Area of Expertise
Spinal Trauma, Deformity correction, complex trauma
Area of Research
Spine: In disease and health
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
"Karnataka Orthopaedic Association
Indian Orthopaedic Association"