|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MS||General Surgery||JIPMER, Pondicherry||April 2012|
|MCh||Surgical Oncology||Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai||July 2016|
|Fellowship in GI, Laparoscopic & Robotic surgery||Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai||August 2018|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC,Manipal||Associate Professor and Head||Feb 2019-Present|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||Oct 2018-January 2019|
|Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai,||Senior Fellow,Department of GI and HPB Oncology||Aug 2017- Sept 18|
|Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai||Specialist Registrar,Department of Surgical Oncology||Aug 2016- July 2018|
|JIPMER, Pondicherry||Senior Resident,Department of Surgical Oncology||2012-2016|
|JIPMER, Pondicherry||Junior Resident,Department of Surgery||2009-12|
1] "The study of global gene expression along with circulating and salivary microRNA profiling of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in high incidence region of South India"
1. To evaluate the global gene expression profile, microRNA profile, p16 methylation in all stages of esophageal cancer.
2. To assess the salivary microRNA profile in esophageal cancer.
3. To study the distribution of gene expression and molecular profile with respect to environmental and dietary factors
4. To study the prognosis and survival outcomes in different molecular signatures.
5. To evolve the biomarkers for the detection of esophageal cancer in high incidence region of South India.
6. To retrieve the demographical, epidemiological and clinical data of esophageal cancer patients who undergo treatment in tertiary care teaching hospital.
Principal investigator: Dr Naveena AN Kumar Co-investigator: Dr. Mahadev Rao, Dr Krishna Sharan, Dr Karthik S Udupa, Dr Shiran Shetty, Dr Nawaz Usman, Dr Keshava Rajan, Dr Umesh
2] "Association of global gene expression and circulating mRNA profiling with pathologic response to neoadjuvant chemoradiation in locally advanced Esophageal cancer"
1. To evaluate the association of global gene expression and mRNA profiling with pathologic response to neoadjuvant chemoradiation in locally advanced Esophageal cancer.
2. To assess the survival outcomes in different molecular signatures.
3. To retrieve the demographical, epidemiological and clinical data of esophageal cancer patients who undergo chemo-radiotherapy followed by surgery in tertiary care teaching hospital.
Principal investigator: Dr Naveena AN Kumar Co-investigator: Dr. Mahadev Rao, Dr Krishna Sharan, Dr Karthik S Udupa, Dr Shiran Shetty, Dr Nawaz Usman, Dr Keshava Rajan
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Oncology-general principles, Surgical oncology-general principles, Systemic oncology-Thoracic surgery, Upper and Lower Gastrointestinal surgery, Laparoscopic and Robotic surgery, Breast, Head and neck, Uro-oncology, Gynec oncology, Bone and soft tissue oncology
Area of Expertise
Thoracoscopic (VATS) and Laparoscopic surgery; TAMIS and Inter-sphincteric resections for low rectal cancers; Esophageal cancer surgeries; Lung, Mediastinal and Tracheal cancer surgeries; Gastrointestinal and Hepato-pancreato-biliary oncology; Cytoreductive and HIPEC surgery; Pelvic exenterative and Complex oncological resections.
Area of Research
Esophageal cancer, Colorectal cancer, Stomach cancer, Hepato-pancreato-biliary cancer, Head and Neck cancer
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
1. Indian association of surgical oncology (IASO)
2. European association of surgical oncology (EASO)
3. Society of surgical oncology (SSO)