CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Dr. Vijayendra Kedage is the Departmental Workshop Co-Ordinator and Co-Ordinator for KMC audit.
He is involved in
· Training of undergraduate students and interns posted to department of General Surgery.
· Examiner for undergraduate BDS students .
· Participates in various CMEs, workshops and conferences.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|General Surgery||PY-2, IIIrd year and IVth year|
|General Surgery||IIIrd year|
|General Surgery||PGY-1, PGY-2, PGY-3|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||Senior Resident||October - 2016|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||Assistant Professor||2018 - Present|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Gastro Intestinal Surgery
Area of Expertise
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Area of Research
Fluorescence and Diffuse Reflectance Imaging in Breast Pathology
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
Member of Association of Surgeons of India, 2014
1. Prasad, SS and Makkina, Charan and Benakatti, Rajendra and Kedage, Vijayendra and Chittineni, Akhilesh (2019) Current trend of colorectal cancer in young adults: At tertiary care hospital. New Indian Journal of Surgery, 10 (3). pp. 307-310. ISSN 2456-0863
2. Vijayendra Kedage, Badareesh L. Can We Predict A Difficult Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy A Prospective Study to Answer the Difficult Question. New Indian J Surg. 2020;11(4):463–467
3. Bharath S V, Vijayendra Kedage et al./Prospective Clinical Study of Varicose Vein. /New Indian J Surg. 2021;12(2):39–44.
4. Vijayakumar HM, Kalaivani V, Kedage V, Subbaraya S. A Rare Cause for Sub-acute Small Bowel Obstruction: Distal Ileal Neuroendocrine Tumor. IJSS Journal of Surgery 2016;2(3):1-3