CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Involved in bed side teaching, case discussions and seminars.
- Head of the board of studies pertaining to Pulmonary Medicine.
- Involved in outpatient case management, daily ward rounds, case related procedures i.e Fibre-optic bronchoscopy, Spirometry, Allergy testing, Sleep lab, and managing patients in the ICU set up.
Dr Aswini Kumar Mohapatra teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students.
He is also
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||TB and Respiratory Diseases||SCB Medical College, Cuttack||1999|
|MBBS||SCB Medical College, Cuttack||1994|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Professor and Head||29/09/2009 till date|
|KMC Manipal||Associate Professor||29/08/2005 to 28/09/2009|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||29/05/2000 to 28/08/2005|
|Devraj Urs Medical College, Kolar, Karnataka||Lecturer||01/2000 to 04/2000|
A comparative study of pre and post treatment ECG and Echo findings in acute exacerbation of COPD patients and its correlation with severity of disease
A prospective observational study of serial bode indices to assess impact on exacerbations and to monitor disease progression in patients of COPD
The study of genetic and Epigenetic variations in asthma.
Serum magnesium levels and its correlation with level of control in patients with asthma.
A clinic-radiological, biochemical and cytological evaluation and aetiological analysis of exudative pleural effusion in a tertiary care centre.
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Interventional Pulmonology, Critical Care Medicine
Area of Expertise
Fibre-Optic Bronchoscopy, Polysomnography
Area of Research
Bronchial Asthma, COPD, Interstitial Lung Disease, Pulmonary Rehabilitation, Pleural Diseases
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Indian Chest Society, 2003.
- Life Member of Indian Association of Bronchology, 2003.
- Life Member of Indian Association of Allergy, 2005.
- Life Member of Indian Medical Association, 2005.
- Life Member of Academy of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine (APCCM), 2005.
Click here for details.