CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaching undergraduates (MBBS, BDS); postgraduates (MD, MSc.)
- Internal and External Examiner: MBBS, BDS
- Infection Control Officer: Hospital Infection Control Committee, Kasturba Hospital.
- Quality Manager, Microbiology Laboratory, KMC, Manipal and Internal auditor for ISO 15929 of KHLS.
- Member Research Cell, KMC, Manipal.
- Departmental ATCOM Co-ordinator.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Microbiology||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||2012|
|MBBS||Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences||2007|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||01 Jan 2017 till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||06 Sep 2012 to 31 Dec 2016|
|Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences, Sikkim||Assistant Professor||16 Jul 2012 to 01 Sep 2012|
|KMC, Mangalore||Tutor||02 May 2009 to 01 May 2012|
- Principal Investigator: Study of virulence factors and antimicrobial susceptibility pattern of Staphylococcus aureus isolated from bone and joint infections. MAHE SEED GRANT-2018.
- Principal Investigator: Molecular epidemiology of the MRSA and their association with biofilm formation in patients with bone and joint infection-MACID Intramural grant-2020
- Co-Investigator: Seasonal trends in microbial quality of community water samples and perspectives about antibiotic use and misuse in the community. MACID Intramural grant-2018.
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Bacteriology , Immunology, Parasitology
Area of Expertise
Bacteriology , Serology , Hospital Infection prevention and control
Area of Research
Bone and joint infections, Biofilms, Drug resistance
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member- Indian Association of Medical Microbiology.
- Life Member-Hospital Infection Society of India.
- Member - The Consortium of Accredited Healthcare Organisations (CAHO).
Pulmonary nocardiosis in immune competent patients-a report of four cases from a tertiary care center
2013-01-11 Banerjee B
International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications
Clinico-microbiological study of candidemia in a tertiary care hospital of southern part of India
2015-01-02 Banerjee B Saldanha D Baliga S
Iranian Journal of Microbiology
1. Co-Investigator: Clinico-microbiological surveillance of nosocomial infection in an intensive care unit of a tertiary care teaching hospital. KMC, STS GRANT-2015 2. Co-Investigator: Clinico-microbiological observational study of bloodstream infections in the ICUs for the better management of patients and hospital infection control. ICMR STS GRANT-2016 3. Co-Investigator: Role of Procalcitonin as a Diagnostic Marker of Bacteremia in the Perspective of Hospital Infection Control-ICMR, STS GRANT-2017.