Dr Chandrashekar UK
Department of Medicine
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides clinical training for undergraduates.
- Is faculty of the training program for postgraduate students.
- Guides the postgraduate students for their theses work.
- Prepares course materials and question papers for undergraduate program.
- Conducts formative and summative assessments for students.
- Is involved in patient care and treatment.
Dr Chandrashekar UK teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||General Medicine||JSS Medical College, Mysore||2004|
|MBBS||Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore||1999|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||05/2011 till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||11/2006 to 05/2011|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Area of Research
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Active member of Clinical Infectious Diseases Society of India (CIDSCON), 2011.
- Member of Association of Physicians of India (API), 2013.
Pulmonary nocardiosis presenting with cardiac tamponade and bilateral pleural effusion in a HIV patient
2009-01-07 Chandrashekhar UK Acharya V Gnandev NC Varghese GK Chawla K
An unusual presentation of pulmonary cryptococcosis with co-existing disseminated tuberculosis in an AIDS pateint
2012-01-01 Chandrashekhar UK Acharya V Varghese GK Rao L
Tuberculosis mediastinal lymphadenopathy in an adult-a rare presentation
2014-13-01 Iyengar KB Chandrashekhar UK Shivashankar KN Rao ACK
BMJ case reports
Clinical profile of urinary tract infections in diabetics and non-diabetics
2014-31-01 Aswani SM Chandrashekhar UK Shivashankar KN Pruthvi B
Aust Med J
Wernicke's encephalopathy in a patient with gastric carcinoma: A diagnosis not to miss
2014-20-03 Chandrashekhar UK Nagiri SK Rao S
BMJ Case Reports
Nocardia causing chronic suppurative otitis media and cortical venous thrombosis
2014-01-01 Chawla K Gopinathan A Chandrashekhar UK Shivashankar KN
J Acad Clin Microbiol