CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researcher inthe areas like Emerging infectious diseases in Southern India with a special reference to Burkholderia pseudomallei.
- Antibiotic-resistance in hospital and community settings.
- Hospital Acquired Infections faculty-in-charge of Critical care Microbiology Laboratory,Bacteriology,Antibiotic Sensitivity,antibiotic policy,Chairman of hospital infection control,Kasturba Hospital,Manipal.
- Research Cell Coordinator,KMC,Manipal.
Chiranjay Mukhopadhyay teaches MD and MBBS students.
He is also:
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Microbiology||MBBS||3rd, 4th and 5th semester|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Microbiology||Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University||2000|
|MBBS||Nil Ratan Sirkar Medical College, Calcutta University||1993|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC,Manipal||Professor and Associate Dean||1/3/2018 till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Professor||5 years|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||4 years|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||2 years|
|SGPGIMS, Lucknow||Service Senior Resident||3 years|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Melioidosis , Antimicrobial resistance , Hospital Infections and control, Antibiotic Policy
Area of Research
Melioidosis , Antimicrobial resistance
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Member of Academy of Medical Sciences, 2008.
- Member of Executive Committee, IAMM, 2012-2014.
- President of IAMM-KC, 2013-14.
- Life Member of Indian Association of Medical Microbiology, 2002.
- Life Member of Association of Microbiologists, 2002.
- Member of Academy of Clinical Microbiologists, 2010.
- Member of Executive Committee of International Melioidosis Society.
Optimization and Validation of Indirect ELISA Using Truncated TssB Protein for the Serodiagnosis of Glanders amongst Equines.
2014-01-01 Singha H Malik P Goyal SK Khurana SK Mukhopadhyay C Eshwara VK Singh RK
The Scientific World Journal, Volume 2014, Article ID 469407, 6 pages (http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/469407).
2013-01-01 Mukhopadhyay C Vandana KE Bhat HV
JACM, Jan – Jun 2013, Issue 1, 11-18.
Systematic Review and Consensus Guidelines for Environmental Sampling of Burkholderia pseudomallei.
2013-01-03 Mukhopadhyay C
PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, March 2013, Vol 7, Issue 3, e2105.
Tuberculosis or melioidosis? - look twice in southwestern coastal India.
2012-01-01 Mukhopadhyay C Krishna S Vandana KE Saravu K Balasubramaniam R
SAARC Journal of Tuberculosis, Lung Diseases & HIV/AIDS. 2012; IX(2); 15-18.
Use of a Recombinant Burkholderia Intracellular Motility A Protein for Immunodiagnosis of Glanders.
Clinical and vaccine immunology, Sept. 2011, 456–1461.
Molecular Characterization of Clinical Burkholderia pseudomallei Isolates from India.
2011-01-07 Mukhopadhyay C Kaestli M Vandana KE Sushma K Mayo M Richardson L Tuanyok A Keim P Godoy D Spratt BG
Am J Trop Med Hyg 2011; 85(1): 121–123.
Melioidosis Diagnostic Workshop, 2013. Emerging Infectious Diseases,
2015-01-02 Mukhopadhyay C
www.cdc.gov/eid, Vol. 21, No. 2, February 2015.