CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Postgraduate thesis Co – Guide.
- Quality Manager.
- Coordinator of Benign Haematological Disorders Centre.
- Coordinator of Clinical Transfusion Club.
- Member of IQAC, KMC, Manipal.
- Member of Institutional Biosafety Committee, KMC Manipal
- Research Coordinator in IHBT, KMC Manipal
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion||All|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MBBS||Govt. Medical College Trivandrum, Kerala||December 2007|
|MD||Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion||Jubilee Mission Medical College & Research Institute, Thrissur, Kerala||July 2016|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC Manipal||Associate Professor||April 2021 - till date|
|KMC Manipal||Assistant Professor||January 2017 - March 2021|
|JMMCRI||Senior Resident||August 2016 - December 2016|
|JMMCRI||Junior Resident||August 2013 - July 2016|
Understanding the pathophysiology of Snakebite associated thrombotic microangiopathies
Measuring ADAMTS 13, Complement Factor H levels, micro particles derived from red cells, platelets and endothelial cells will be measured to understand the hematological changes post hematotoxic envenomation.
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Patient blood management, Clinical hemotherapy, massive transfusion, quality management system
Area of Expertise
Haemostasis and Coagulation
Area of Research
Thrombotic Microangiopathy, Hemostasis, Patient Blood management
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life member of Indian Society of Transfusion Medicine (ISTM)
- Life term member of Indian Society of Hematology and Blood Transfusion (ISHBT)
- Life term member of Indian Society of Blood Transfusion and Immunohematology (ISBTI)
- Life term member of Asian Association of Transfusion Medicine (AATM)
- Member of International Society of Thrombosis and Hemostasis (ISTH)
- Member of International Society of Blood Transfusion (ISBT)
- Member of Asian Pacific Society for Thrombosis and Hemostasis (APSTH)