Dr H Manjunatha Hande
Department of Medicine
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaches undergraduates and postgraduates students.
- Involved in research activities.
- Guides PhD students.
- Reviews research activities of university as ethical committee member.
- Is Chairman of Hospital Infection Control Committee.
Dr H Manjunatha Hande is Professor, HOD and Unit Head in the Department of Medicine.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|Short Term Training, Geriatrics||Geriatrics||International Institute on Ageing UN, Malta||1998|
|MD||General Medicine||Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore||1986|
|MBBS||Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore||1982|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC Manipal||Professor||1/Jun/2019 till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Professor and Head||03/2015 to May/2019|
|KMC, Manipal||Professor||03/2004 to 03/2015|
|KMC, Manipal||Additional Professor||03/2003 to 02/2004|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||02/1995 to 03/2003|
|KMC, Manipal||Reader||04/1993 to 12/1994|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||05/1990 to 04/1993|
|KMC, Manipal||Lecturer||05/1989 to 05/1990|
|KMC, Manipal||Junior Lecturer||04/1988 to 05/1989|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Infectious diseases, Geriatric Medicine
Area of Expertise
General Medicine, Hospital Infection control activities
Area of Research
Infectious disease, Geriatrics, Hypertension
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of API, Karnataka Chapter, Executive committee member twice, 1986.
- Life Member of API, National, Attending conferences, presenting papers, 1986.
- Life Member of Geriatric Society of India, 1998.
- Received Good Teacher Award, 2007-2008.
- Received Dr Nadagoud Honour Lecture Award at KAPICON 2005, Tumkur.
- Received Honour from Koota Maha Jagat, Saligrama, Udupi Branch, 2013.
Top 10 Publications
Click here for details.
Article on Rabies
Diabetes Mellitus, Arogyavani, Sunday health capsule of popular Kannada newspaper.