Dr. Kiran Kumar Vedavyasa Acharya
Professor and Unit 2 Head (Arthroscopy, Arthroplasty, Sports Injuries, Osteoporosis & Orthobiologics)
Department of Orthopaedics
Qualification: MS (ORTHO) 1. Trauma & MCS, 2005, Rambam Medical Centre, Haifa, Israel, 2. AO Fellowship, 2008, Duke University Medical Centre, USA
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is involved in clinical work.
- Gives operative training to the residents under direct supervision.
- Helps postgraduates with their theses and dissertation.
- Guides PhD Projects and other student projects
Dr Kiran Kumar Vedavyasa Acharya teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Orthopaedics||7th, 8th, 9th semesters (Old Regulations) and PY2, PY3-I, PY3-II (CBME)|
|Orthopaedics||PGY1, PGY2 and PGY3|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MS||Orthopaedics (Arthroscopy, Arthroplasty, Sports Injuries, Osteoporosis & Orthobiologics)||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1997|
|MBBS||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1992|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Professor and Head of Unit||06/2012 till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||05/2002 to 06/2012|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||05/1997 to 05/2002|
|KMC, Manipal||Tutor - Anatomy||04/1993 to 04/1994|
1. Experimental and finite element investigations on the biomechanical effects of meniscal tears in the knee joint: A review. Devaraj, A.K., Acharya, K.K.V., Adhikari, R.
Journal of Biomimetics, Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering, 2021, 50, pp. 1–14
2.Clinical and radiological outcomes following arthroscopic dual tibial tunnel double sutures knot-bump fixation technique for acute displaced posterior cruciate ligament avulsion fractures. Sandesh Madi, S., Pandey, V., Reddy, B., Acharya, K. Archives of Bone and Joint Surgery, 2021, 9(1), pp. 50–57
3. Numerical investigation of the effects of bucket handle tears and subtotal medial meniscectomies on the biomechanical response of human knee joints. Devaraj, A.K., Acharya, K.K.V., Adhikari, R. Journal of Biomimetics, Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering, 2021, 49, pp. 1–20
4. Does application of abduction brace after arthroscopic rotator cuff repair improve blood flow around posterosuperior rotator cuff and repair site, affecting pain levels and clinical and structural outcomes? A pilot randomized controlled trial
Pandey, V., Madi, S., Maddukuri, S., ...Karegowda, L.H., Willems, W.J. JSES International, 2020, 4(4), pp. 848–859
5. A 10 Year clinical, laboratory and arthroscopic data analysis of bacterial septic arthritis of adult native knee: A hospital-based study Madi, S., Natarajan, S., Murali, S., Pandey, V., Acharya, K. Journal of Arthroscopy and Joint Surgery, 2020, 7(4), pp. 216–223
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Cartilage regeneration, Cartilage implantation, Biomechanical assessment of the knee, Osteoporosis
Area of Expertise
Arthroscopy and Sports Injuries Cartilage Surgery
Area of Research
Autologous Cartilage Implantation, Stem Cell Therapy, Osteoporosis
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Karnataka Orthopaedic Association, 1997.
- Life Member of Indian Orthopaedic Association, 1997.
- Life Member of Indian Arthroscopy Society, 2000.
- Life Member of ISAKOS, 2009.
- Life Member of SICOT, 2005.
- Life Member of AO Alumni, 2005.
- Life Member of MASHAV Alumni, 2005.