CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is involved in clinical work.
- Gives operative training to the residents under direct supervision.
- Helps postgraduates with their theses and dissertation.
- Guides PhD Projects and other student projects
Dr Kiran Kumar Vedavyasa Acharya teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Orthopaedics||MBBS||7th, 8th and 9th semester|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MS||Orthopaedics (Arthroscopy, Arthroplasty & Sports Injuries Service)||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1997|
|MBBS||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1992|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Professor and Head of Unit||06/2012 till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||05/2002 to 06/2012|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||05/1997 to 05/2002|
|KMC, Manipal||Tutor - Anatomy||04/1993 to 04/1994|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Cartilage regeneration, Cartilage implantation, Biomechanical assessment of the knee, Osteoporosis
Area of Expertise
Arthroscopy and Sports Injuries Cartilage Surgery
Area of Research
Autologous Cartilage Implantation, Stem Cell Therapy, Osteoporosis
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Karnataka Orthopaedic Association, 1997.
- Life Member of Indian Orthopaedic Association, 1997.
- Life Member of Indian Arthroscopy Society, 2000.
- Life Member of ISAKOS, 2009.
- Life Member of SICOT, 2005.
- Life Member of AO Alumni, 2005.
- Life Member of MASHAV Alumni, 2005.
Top 10 Publications
Click here for details.