CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designing curriculum for undergraduate and postgraduate courses and updates syllabus and logbooks.
- Guiding undergraduate and postgraduate students with research projects and dissertations.
- Resource faculty in all revised basic medical education workshops conducted by medical education unit KMC, Manipal.
- Participating as an internal auditor during regular audit cycles for all the labs in Kasturba Hospital
Dr. Krishnananda Prabhu is Associate Dean and Professor in the Department of Biochemistry. He is a core faculty of the medical education unit KMC, Manipal. He is a recognized Ph.D. guide of Manipal Academy of Higher Education. He is a NABL internal auditor. He was awarded a FAIMER fellowship from PSG Coimbatore 2014 and has completed an advanced course in medical education (ACME) at the nodal center.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Biochemistry||1 & 2|
|Biochemistry||All 4 semester|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Biochemistry||Kasturba Medical College-Manipal, MAHE||2002|
|MBBS||Kasturba Medical College-Manipal, Mangalore University.||1993|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Kasturba Medical College-Manipal, MAHE||Associate Dean and Professor||August 1st 2019 till date|
|Kasturba Medical College-Manipal, MAHE||Professor and Head||01/03/2015 to 31/07/2019|
|Kasturba Medical College-Manipal, MAHE||Associate Professor||26/08/2007 to 28/02/2015|
|Kasturba Medical College-Manipal, MAHE||Assistant Professor||26/08/2002 to 25/08/2007|
|Kasturba Medical College-Manipal, MAHE||Tutor||01/08/1999 to 31/07/2002|
“ Serum human placental lactogen and zinc levels in women undergoing first trimester screening” MD theisis - Dr Indranil Ghoshal - ICMR grant.
"N-TERMINAL PRO BNP AND MYELOPEROXIDASE LEVELS IN PATIENTS OF STABLE CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE" - MD thesis - Dr Vijetha Shenoy.
" Evaluation of Plasma Proangiogenic and Antiangiogenic factors in Diabetic Retinopathy
Establishing the thyroid reference ranges for Indian Population
The study aims to establish the reference ranges for TSH, fT3, fT4, and anti-TPO parameters for pediatric, pregnant women in all three trimesters and the adult Indian populations. Funded project from Roche diagnostics, Pvt. Ltd
Role of placental monocarboxylate transporter 8(MCT 8) expression on adverse pregnancy outcomes in Indian population
Comparing the behaviour of this marker with different adverse pregnancy outcomes along with conventional biomarkers and clinical or sonography findings may help in evaluating this marker and may help in developing new therapeutic targets for early detection and better management of such cases. ICMR funded project.
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Clincial and applied Biochemistry, Non-communicable disease- Diabetes, Cancer, Obesity, Inferitlity.
Area of Expertise
Scientific writing, Clinical biochemistry, Diagnostics
Area of Research
Biomarkers, Retinopathy, Cancer, Diabetes, Obesity, Inferitlity
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life member of "Member of ACBI and AMBI"
- FAIMER fellow
- ISO 15189 – 2012 & NABL 112– internal auditor for clinical laboratory
- Has undergone certificate course in bioethics conducted by CDSA.
- 70 publications in national and international journals
- An active member of the institutional innovation committee
Patents filed and copyright received:
- Received copyright certificate for “Non-invasive tests for Diabetes Mellitus” Registration Number: CF- 4826/2021- short educational video - COPYRIGHT OFFICE GOVT OF INDIA – 11/02/2020 – 216/2020- CO/CF
- Received copyright certificate for “Post Analytical Sample Archival System” Diary No: 11940/2015- CO/L – registered on 03/04/2018 [Ref – BNP/CR/18 dated 9th August 2018; R.K Dewan & Co]
- “System and method for locating and enabling retrieval of containers from a tray” has been filed at the Indian Patent Office on 05th July 2019 as a complete application. Application no. accorded to the same is 201941027085.
- “System, medical device and method for diagnosing medical conditions of a patient” has been filed at the Indian Patent Office on 24th August 2019 as a complete application. application no. accorded to the same is 201941034195.
- “A biochemical detection strip and a method to detect an analyte” has been filed at the Indian Patent Office on 15th January 2020 as a complete application. Application no. accorded to the same is 202041001862.
Books & chapters:
- “Quick review of Biochemistry for undergraduate students” Jaypee Publications 2014 ISBN: 9769351522096
- Written a chapter “Radioisotopes in Medicine” in the book “Essentials of Biochemistry for Medical students (2012)” and “Handbook of Biochemistry for Allied and Nursing Students 2nd edition (2012)” Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers, India 2010