CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Involved in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education Instructor in Basic Life Support for undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Teacher guardian for MBBS students
- Pharmacovigilance coordinator for ADRs from Dept. of Cardiology/ Surgery/ Pediatrics/ Medical Oncology, collected by the MD students
- Moderator for various MD seminars and journal club presentations by postgraduates
- Involved in setting of papers and conducting MBBS sessional practical examinations
- Involved in development of curriculum and practical record of pharmacology
- Resource person for conference & workshops
- Guide for undergraduate (also ICMR-STS project) and postgraduate student projects
- Guide for MD thesis
Dr Meena Kumari K is currently working as an Associate Professor in the Department of Pharmacology at Kasturba Medical College, Manipal.
She is :
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Pharmacology||MBBS||3rd, 4th and 5th semester|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Pharmacology||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||2007|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate professor||05/2011 till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||05/2007 to 05/2011|
|KMC, Manipal||Tutor||05/2004 to 04/2011|
A retrospective study of treatment outcome of drug therapies used in heart failure patients with associated co-morbidities in a tertiary care hospital
This study evaluates the efficacy of the different drug therapies used in heart failure patients associated with co-morbidities.
Evaluation of anticonvulsant property of aqueous &methanolic extract of Euphorbia hirta on rats in acute study
To evaluate the anticonvulsant property of Euphorbia hirta on rats in both MES & PTZ model.
Evaluation of anticonvulsant property of aqueous extract of Calotropisprocera in rats and mice
To evaluate the anticonvulsant property of Calotropisprocera in both rats and mice using MES & PTZ model.
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Expertise
Area of Research
(Cancer Chemotherapy,Wound healing,Cardiovascular pharmacology). Neuropharmacology, Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, Problem-based learning
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life member of Indian Medical Association.