CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides safe anaesthesia services across the Kasturba Hospital, Manipal along with administrative responsibilities.
- Also provides Anaesthesia for General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Otolaryngology, Maxillofacial Surgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Plastic and Thoracic Surgery.
- Oversees training, delivery and monitoring of CPR at Kasturba Hospital, Manipal.
Dr N Anitha teaches undergraduates and postgraduates.
She is also the Chairman of CPR committee.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|FRCA||Anaesthesiology||Royal College of Anaesthetists, London||2001|
|MD||Anaesthesiology||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1989|
|Diploma||Anaesthesiology||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1988|
|MBBS||Government Medical College, Bellary||1985|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Professor||1/Dec/2018 till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Professor and Head||01/12/2013 till Nov 2018|
|KMC, Manipal||Professor||01/02/2011 till 2013|
|KMC, Manipal||Additional Professor||03/2002 to 31/01/2011|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||04/1995 to 03/2002|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||01/1992 to 04/1995|
|KMC, Manipal||Lecturer||04/1991 to 01/1992|
|KMC, Manipal||Registrar||01/1990 to 04/1991|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Paediatric Anaesthesia , Difficult Airway , Regional Anaesthesia , Intensive Care
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Indian Association of Difficult Airway, 2012.
- Life Member of Chief Editor, Indian Journal of Respiratory Care, 2012
- Life Member of Association of Regional Anaesthesia, India, 2012.
- Life Member of Indian Association of Respiratory Care, 2010.
- Life Member of Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine, 2008.
- Life Member of Research Society of Anaesthesiology Clinical Pharmacology (India), 2004.
- Life Member of Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Anaesthesiologists, 2001.
- Fellow Member of The Royal College of Anaesthetists, UK, 2001.
- Life Member of Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists, 1990.
- Life Member of Indian Medical Association, 1989.
CHAPTER IN BOOKS:
1) Manipal Manual of Surgery – Millennium edition – 2000 – Co-editor
2) Manipal Manual of Surgery for dental students
3) Manipal Manual of Surgery –Second edition – 2005 – Co-editor
4) Manipal Manual of Surgery for dental students: 2nd edition
5) Contributed two chapters to the Manipal Manual of Resuscitation published by Manipal University in December 2008.
6) Contributed the section on anaesthesia and co-edited the Manipal Manual of Instruments. 2009. CBS Publications, New Delhi.
7) Co-editor of Manipal Manual of Surgery – Third edition – 2010.
Click here for details.