CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaching and training Postgraduates of Anaesthesiology.
- Teaching and training undergraduates in Anaesthesiology
- Postgraduate teacher and guiding postgraduate thesis research projects
- PhD guide for postgraduate students pursuing PhD
- Providing clinical anaesthesia services to the following specialties: General surgery, Orthopaedics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Otolaryngology, Maxillofacial Surgery, Urology, Gastroenterology and Cardiology.
- AHA instructor for cardiac life support training.
- Editor-in-Chief of the Indian Journal of Respiratory Care (IJRC)
Dr N Anitha teaches undergraduates and postgraduates.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Subject code||Semester / Year|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|FRCA||Anaesthesiology||Royal College of Anaesthetists, London||2001|
|MD||Anaesthesiology||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1989|
|Diploma||Anaesthesiology||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1988|
|MBBS||Government Medical College, Bellary||1985|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Professor||1/Dec/2018 till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Professor and Head||01/12/2013 till Nov 2018|
|KMC, Manipal||Professor||01/02/2011 till 2013|
|KMC, Manipal||Additional Professor||03/2002 to 31/01/2011|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||04/1995 to 03/2002|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||01/1992 to 04/1995|
|KMC, Manipal||Lecturer||04/1991 to 01/1992|
|KMC, Manipal||Registrar||01/1990 to 04/1991|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Paediatric Anaesthesia , Difficult Airway , Regional Anaesthesia , Intensive Care
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Indian Association of Difficult Airway, 2012.
- Life Member of Chief Editor, Indian Journal of Respiratory Care, 2012
- Life Member of Association of Regional Anaesthesia, India, 2012.
- Life Member of Indian Association of Respiratory Care, 2010.
- Life Member of Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine, 2008.
- Life Member of Research Society of Anaesthesiology Clinical Pharmacology (India), 2004.
- Life Member of Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Anaesthesiologists, 2001.
- Fellow Member of The Royal College of Anaesthetists, UK, 2001.
- Life Member of Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists, 1990.
- Life Member of Indian Medical Association, 1989.
Click here for details.