CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Dr Naveen Kumar P is Professor and Head of the Department of Hospital Administration.
- Heading a team of four faculty members.
- Academic: Teaching subjects of Hospital Administration & Organisation to MD, MHA, MSc (HIAA, Dietetics), B Tech (Biomedical Engineering).
- Research: Mentoring students towards dissertation topics, research protocols, publishing the research papers in indexed journals.
- Consultancy: Conducting capacity building workshops and training programs to practitioners in public health emergencies, NABH, NABL.
- Examiner & External Subject expert to other Universities Hospital Administration programs.
- Counselling and Placement activities of students.
- Recognised PhD Guide for Healthcare Management and affiliated subjects.
- Alumni Relations Coordinator for Department.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Strategic Management, General Management, Human Resources Management, Financial Management, Hospital Planning.||MD||MD First year|
|Health Economics, Health insurance, Health Policy, Healthcare delivery systems, Operations Research in Hospitals||MD||MD Second year|
|Nursing Services Administration, Healthcare Marketing & Customer Relationship Management, Clinical Services, Facility Management||MD||MD Third year|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Hospital Administration||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||2002|
|MBBS||SV Medical College, Tirupati||1998|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Professor||Head of department||April 2018 till date|
|KMC,Manipal||Associate Professor||Dec 2014- April 2018|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||02/2011 to 12/2014|
|Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Center, Bangalore||Assistant Professor||08/2010 to 01/2011|
|Institute of Health Management Research, Bangalore||Associate Professor & Dean||01/2008 to 08/2010|
|NIMS||Clinical Registrar||2002 to 2003|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Healthcare Marketing, Customer Service and Relationship Management, Human Resources Management, Financial Management in Hospitals, Quality Management, Administration of Clinical and Non-clinical Services
Area of Expertise
Project Consultancy in Hospital Acquired Infections, Quality and Patient Safety, Capacity Building – Human Resources, Equipment management
Area of Research
Healthcare Financing, Quality Management, Services Management any interdisciplinary research, Population studies - Income disparities in population.
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
ASSC certified Green Belt in – Lean, Six Sigma
Affiliated to QCI - NABH – POI
Life Member of Academy of Hospital Administration
Life Member of Indian Medical Association
Life Member of Epidemiology Association.
1) Best Employee of ING Vysya Life Insurance 2006
2) Faculty Researcher Award 2013, MAHE
3) Chairperson for Subject specific Board of Studies – MD Hospital Administration since 4 years.
4) External subject expert for BoS of external universities like KEHAR, KLE, Belagavi, Symbiosis Institute of Healthcare Management, Pune, Sikkim Manipal University.
5) Chairperson for Conferences on HIM 2015, Organ Transplantation 2018, Global CEO Summit 2018, KMC, Manipal.
6) Scientific Committee Chairperson – SASH 2016, Mangalore.
7) Invited speaker to conference on Health Insurance – KEHAR - KLE University, AHA, Mangalore.
8) External Examiner for MD, MHA of other Universities.
9) ISO – Internal Auditor, NABH – Internal auditor for KMC
|ING Vysya Life Insurance||Deputy Manager - Medical Underwriting||2003-2008|
Cost Analysis of re-sterilisation of reusable devices in a hospital
Jan - March 2018, 10(1), 109-112. (Scopus Indexed) Dr Naveen kumar Ms Vrunda lotlikar Ms Usha Rani
Journal of Young Pharmacists
Study on mitigation of workplace violence in hospitals
June 2020; 76(1), 298-302. (Scopus Indexed, q2) Dr Naveen kumar Dr Deepak Betadur Dr Chandramani
Medical Journal of Armed Forces India
Taking Dialysis Near the Doorstep: A GIS Based Approach for Catchment Area Analysis and Insight into Hemodialysis Patient’s Perceptions of Extra Mural Dialysis Services in India
Volume 20 (1); Jan-Mar 2021, Page 1 – 5. (Scopus Indexed) Dr Naveen kumar Dr Chandramani Madan
Online Journal of Health and Allied Sciences
Implications of Caesarean section for a family in India
Vol 7, Issue 13, 2020, Page 386-89. (Scopus Indexed Dr Anitha shetty Dr Naveen kumar
Journal of Critical Reviews
Patient Safety Program in a Hospital with Reference to Costs Associated with Patient Falls
January-March 2021, Vol. 15, No. 1, Page 11 – 17. (Scopus Indexed)
Indian Journal of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology