CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Involved in taking theory and practical classes for UGs and PGs
- Actively involved in all activities and research works of the department
- Is examiner for MBBS & BDS examinations
Dr Padmaja A Shenoy teaches undergraduate (M.B.B.S & B.D.S.)and postgraduate students (M.D.).
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Microbiology||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||2011|
|MBBS||Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore||2006|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC Manipal||Associate Professor||2016 till Date|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||2012-2016|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Tutor||2008 to 2011|
- Microbiological profile of chronic osteomyelitis with special emphasis on anaerobic osteomyelitis in tertiary care hospital. (MAHE Seed-Money grant2017)
- Microbiological and Molecular Characterization of Clostridioides difficile isolates (funded by CIIMS Nagpur)·
- Evaluation of the gut microbiome of the olanzapine-induced metabolic syndrome rat model. (MAHE Seed money grant)·
- Clinical, Microbiological & Molecular characteristics of Bacteroides fragilis isolates from clinical specimens: A hospital based study (ICMR grant)·
- Design and development of dual functional glycosylated nanoparticles for antimicrobial resistance therapy in urinary tract infection (ICMR grant)·
- Formulation and evaluation of green tea extract gel for its application in periodontal infections (MAHE seed money grant)
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Anaerobic Microbiology; Infectious disease diagnostics.
Area of Expertise
Anaerobic bacteriology, Anaerobic-antimicrobial resistance
Area of Research
Anaerobic bacteriology, Nosocomial diarrhoea, Antimicrobial resistance
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Indian Academy of Medical Microbiologists,
- Life Member of Indian Medical Association (IMA Karavali)
Antimicrobial activity of some Essential oils and Extracts from Natural sources on Skin and Soft tissue infection causing microbes: An In-vitro Study.
2021 Saumya Subramanian Padmaja Ananth Shenoy Vasudev Pai
Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(7):3603-9.
Is hackathon in oncology a plausible way to foster innovation? An experiential narrative account of conducting Hacking Cancer.
2021 Shirley Lewis Chythra R Rao Padmaja Ananth Shenoy Naveen Salins Rangan Viveganandan Arun Shanbhag Chiranjay Mukhopadhyay Krishnananda Prabhu Sharath K Rao
BMJ Innovations 2021;7:164-174.
Evaluation of Plaque Removal Efficacy of Dental Floss with/without Chlorhexidine Gel in Patients with Gingivitis a Clinical and Microbiological Study.
2020 Monika Pal Santhosh Kumar Padmaja Ananth Shenoy Chaitanya TAK Pratibha G Bhat GS
Open Access Macedonian Journal of Medical Sciences. 2020 Jun 20; 8(D):118-123.
Evaluation of various irrigation activation systems to eliminate bacteria from the root canal system: A randomized controlled single blinded trial
2020 Nidambur VasudevBallala Poornika Gandhi Padmaja Ananth Shenoy Paul M HDummer
J Dent. 2020 Aug;99:103412.
Microbiological profile of chronic osteomyelitis with special reference to anaerobic osteomyelitis in a tertiary care hospital of coastal Karnataka
2020 Padmaja A Shenoy Shashidhar Vishwanath Shyamasunder N Bhat Chiranjay Mukhopadhyay Kiran Chawla
Tropical Doctor 2020 Jul;50(3):198-202. doi: 10.1177/0049475520921283. Epub 2020 Apr 28.
Correlation Between Microbiological Profiles of Adenoid Tissue and Nasal Discharge in Children with Co-existent Chronic Adenoiditis and Chronic Rhinosinusitis
2020 Rohit Singh R. Shilpa Chiranjay Mukhopadhyay Padmaja A. Shenoy R. Balakrishnan K. Devaraja
Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg (2020);72(1):112-116.
In Vitro Evaluation of Substantivity, Staining Potential, and Biofilm Reduction of Guava Leaf Extract Mouth Rinse in Combination with its Anti-Inflammatory Effect on Human Gingival Epithelial Keratinocytes.
2019 Jothi Varghese Liza L Ramenzoni Padmaja Shenoy Usha Y Nayak Namrata Nayak Thomas Attin Patrick R Schmidlin
Materials 2019, 12, 3903.
Antibacterial Efficacy of Essential Oil of Two Different Varieties of Ocimum (Tulsi) on Oral Microbiota—An Invitro Study.
2019 Kalra Kush Vasthare Ramprasad Padmaja Ananth Shenoy Vishwanath Shashidhar Singhal Deepak Kumar
Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development 2019;10:6;188-193.
Antimicrobial resistance profile and Nim gene detection among Bacteroides fragilis group isolates in a university hospital in South India
2019 ShashidharVishwanath Padmaja Ananth Shenoy Kiran Chawla
J Global Infect Dis 2019;11:59-62.
Safety assessment of an etidronate in a sodium hypochlorite solution: randomized double-blind trial
2019 Ballal NV Gandhi P Shenoy PA Shenoy Belle V Bhat V Rechenberg D-K Zehnder M
International Endodontic Journal. 52, 1274–1282, 2019.
1. Microbiological characterization of anaerobic bacteria isolated from various clinical specimens with special e emphasis on their Metronidazole susceptibility (ICMR STS)
2. The Microbiological Profile of Necrotizing Fasciitis with Special Emphasis on Anaerobic Aetiology and their Antimicrobial Susceptibility Patterns (ICMR-STS)