CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is involved in the procurement of instruments, equipment and indenting the necessary materials to the department.
- Participates in all meetings organized by the Dean, KMC Manipal and Medical Superintendent, Kasturba Hospital, Manipal.
- Arranges various committees in the department.
Dr Rajgopal Shenoy K teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Subject code||Semester / Year|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MS||General Surgery||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||1986|
|MBBS||Government Medical College, Bellary||1982|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Area of Expertise
Upper GI Surgeon- Pull Up
Area of Research
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Member of Association of Surgeons of India, 1990.
- Life Member of Association of Surgical Gastroenterology, 2005.
- Life Member of Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India, 2004.
- Life Member of Indian Medical Association- KAR/ 6020/85/22/107758/2004-2005.
- Life Member of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons (1616), 2009.
- Life Member of Ambulatory Society of India, 2011.
- Life Member of Hernia Society, 2012.
- Manipal Manual of Surgery IV th edition : A unique book consisting of 1193 pages with coloured, black and white pictures, text, clinics, case reports and specialty topics. Read in over 18 countries.
- Manipal Manual of surgery for dental students: 423 pages for III BDS students.- 3rd edition 2014
- Manipal Manual on Instruments – Ist edition , 2009 September
Stomach as a conduit for oesophagus- A study of 105 cases
Indian J Gastroenterology, 1996 15 (2) : 52-54.
Annular pancreas in adults- diagnostic difficulties
J Indian Med Assoc, 1996, Vol, 94, No 11: 242-243.
Disabling genu valgus deformity in functioning parathyroid adenoma
J Indian Med Assoc, 1996, Vol 94, No 11, 436.
Morgagni hernia: A management dilemma
Indian Journal of Clinical Practice, Vol 12, May 2002.
Colonic pseudo-obstruction due to herpes zoster infection
Indian Journal of Gastroenterology, 2002.
Xeroderma pigmentosa in siblings: cystosarcoma phylloides in a case of xeroderma pigmentosa
2002, Vol 68, Issue: 3, Page 168-170.
Segmental jejunal lipomatosis - A rare cause of intestinal obstruction
Yonsei Medical Journal, vol 44, no 2 pp 359-361, 2003.
Adult colonic Rhabdomyosarcooma- A case report with review of literature
Emirates Medical Journal, 2003, 21 (1 ): 79-81
Upper gastrointestinal bleeding in tropical pancreatitis due to pseudo-aneurysm rupture
Tropical doctor (Trop doctor), 2003, vol 33, n 1, p 57.
Plain X- ray in acute appendicitis
The internet Journal of Radiology, 2004, Vol 3 Num 2.