CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning and teaching undergraduate and post graduate curriculum.
- Guiding research projects for both undergraduate and postgraduate students and PhD students.
- Teaching, valuation, question paper setting of undergraduate (MBBS)/post graduates, seminars.
- Serving as a faculty mentor for a group of medical students.
- Diagnostic laboratory work at Department of Biochemistry, KMC, Manipal as a part of Kasturba Hospital , Manipal.
Dr Revathi P Shenoy is an Associate Professor in the Department of Biochemistry.
Non academic responsibilities:
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Biochemistry||MBBS||1st and 2nd semester|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|PhD||Biochemistry||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||2006|
|MSc||Biochemistry||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1990|
|BSc||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics||Milagres College, Kallianpur||1987|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||2011 till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||2003 to 2011|
|KMC, Manipal||Lecturer||1990 to 2003|
Evaluation of role of micronutrients and angiogenic factors in preeclampsia
Does mindfulness training alter biochemical correlates of ADHD?
2014-01-05 Mahesh MM Mahapatra N John P
Correlation of Hypomagnesemia and Malondialdehyde levels in Myocardial Infarction
Oxidative stress and lipid peroxidation in oral lichen planus and lichinoid reactions
2009-01-04 Ballabh R Carnelio S Shenoy RP
DNA damage in Exfoliated Buccal cells and Antioxidant activity of Saliva in Brain Tumor Patients
Effect of sprouting on nutrient , anti– nutrients and invitro digestibility of Vigna radiate ( Mung beans )
2005-01-06 Kamath SU
Analysis of the antibiotic resistance of uropathogens causing urinary tract infection
STS –ICMR project Reference ID: 2014-03588
A study of relation between thyroid dysfunction and diabetes mellitus among cases attending a tertiary care hospital of south Karnataka
STS –ICMR project Reference ID: 2011-00313
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Teaching (microteaching, Integrated teaching , case based teaching etc.) Nutrition Proteins and its functions in Child and Women’s health. Nutritional factors effecting health care system. Indian traditional medicine – scientific basis of its functioning. Bioethics and Student mentoring
Area of Expertise
Biochemistry and nutrition. Selected molecular biology techniques.
Area of Research
Micronutrients in health care system. Nutrition Research. Bioinformatics in health care system. Studying Indian Medicinal functions
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of the National Magnetic Resonance Society, 2006.
- Member of ACBI- Karnataka Chapter.
- Life Member of Society of Biological Chemists, 2011.
Click here for details.