CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaches postgraduate students and guides them in patient care and management
- Assigns postgraduate students to a variety of patients and experiences to meet the objectives of the
- Manages OPD patients during the allotted slot and takes care of inpatients
- Attends faculty orientation, development and other meetings as required by the university
- Performs various dermatologic/cosmetology procedures
- Attends workshop and conferences regularly.
Dr Sathish Pai Ballambat teaches undergraduates, both clinical and theory.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Dermatology Venereology and Leprology||MBBS|
|Dermatology Venereology and Leprology||MD|
|Dermatology Venereology and Leprology||DVD|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||1992|
|Diploma||Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1989|
|MBBS||J N Medical College, Belgaum||1985|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Professor and Head||05/05/2014 till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Professor||18/04/2007 to 04/05/2014|
|Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences, Sikkim||Professor||03/2006 to 16/04/2007|
|Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences, Sikkim||Associate Professor in Dermatology||02/2005 to 02/2006|
|Belhoul Apollo Hospital, Dubai||Consultant Dermatologist||04/2003 to 02/2005|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||12/2000 to 01/2003|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||01/1995 to 11/2000|
|KMC, Manipal||Lecturer||03/1993 to 01/1995|
|KMC, Manipal||Resident||01/1991 to 12/1992|
|KMC, Manipal||Resident||01/1988 to 12/1989|
|KMC, Mangalore||Resident||01/1988 to 12/1989|
A multicentric, Randomized, Open Label Study to Compare the Efficacy and Safety of Luticonazole Topical Cream (1%) with Miconazole Topical Cream (2%) in the Treatment of Tinea cruris/pedis/corporis(Funded by Ranbaxy)
The efficacy of Luliconazole was compared with miconazole in a randomized study in the treatment of Tinea cruris and corporis. Luliconazole was found to be more effective in the treatment of dermatophyte infections. The relapse rate was less when compared to miconazole.
A randomized double blind clinical trial for evaluation and comparison of efficacy and in use tolerance of 3 anti-acne test products(Funded by Apex Labs)
A randomized double blind study was conducted in patients with mild to moderate acne vulgaris. Three difeerent acne test products were used. Patients were evaluated before the study and at monthly intervals for 3 months.
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Photodermatology , Vitiligo surgeries
Area of Expertise
Clinical dermatology , Dermatosurgery , Photobiology
Area of Research
Photodermatology , Psoriasis
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Dr Bishnupriya Debi award 1998 for best paper published in IJDVL (Antigen mapping in hereditary epidermolysis bullosa).
- Life Member of Indian Association of Dermatologist, Venereologist and Leprologist, Editorial board and in the therapeutic committee, 1993.
- Life Member of Association of Cutaneous Surgeons of India, Former secretary of the association in the year 1996-1998, 1995.
- Life Member of Karavali Dermatology Society, Former President, 2001.
- Life Member of Indian Association of Cosmetic Laser Surgeons, 2009.
- Life Member of Indian Association of Leprosy, 1996
- Cosmetic dermatology society of India, 1998.
|Belhoul Speciality Hospital, Dubai||Specialist Dermatologist||2003 - 2005|
Click here for details.