CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- She is also a postgraduate and PhD thesis guide.
Dr Sulatha V Bhandary teaches undergraduates and postgraduates.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Ophthalmology||MBBS||6th and 7th semester|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MS||Ophthalmology||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||2002|
|MBBS||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||2009|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Additional Professor|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||10/10/2007 -|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||10/10/2002 to 09/10/2007|
3 nethra classic trial Small pupil retinal imaging (Funding Agency: Trinethra, Forus Innovation, Bangalore)
2015-01-01 Bhandary S Rao L Acharya R
3 Nethra Royal digital eye imaging system with objective refractometer(Funding Agency: Trinethra, Forus Innovation, Bangalore)
2015-01-01 Bhandary S Rao L Rao AK Acharya R
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Cataract, glaucoma, retina, trauma, Keratoplasty, management of Lacrimal diseases and community ophthalmology
Area of Expertise
Phacoemulsification (cataract surgery), Retinal Vitreo-retinal diseases including Diabetic retinopathy,Venous Occlusions,Retinal detachment, Retinopathy of Prematurity,Ocular trauma,glaucoma management, lacrimal surgeries
Area of Research
Retinal imaging - research projects 1. 3 nethra non mydriatic camera imaging 2. 3 nethra royal camera for assessing autorefraction
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Member of All India Ophthalmological Society, 2007.
- Member of All India Ophthalmic Society, 2009.
- Member of Karnataka Ophthalmic Society, 2004
- Member of Udupi Ophthalmic Society, 2009.
- Member of glaucoma soceity of India-2013
- Member of women s ophthalmology soceity-2015
- Honarary Secretary of the OEU Alumni association
- Instructor for AHA course of ACLS and BLS
- Member for NABH Medical audit committee
- Member of the research cell committee
- Member of KMC ISO audit commitee
- AHA Certified Instructor for ACLS and BLS
- Member of Karnataka Ophthalmic Society, 2008.
- Member of Glaucoma Society of India, 2013.
- Member of OEU Alumni Association, 2010.
She received the distinguished allumni award 2011.
Click here for details.
Serial Assessment of retinal nerve fibre layer thickness in glaucoma suspects using OCT and its relation to visual fields
2012-01-01 Dr Abin Holla
Assessing quality of life in patients with glaucoma using the glaucoma quality of life- 15 questionnaires
2014-01-01 Dr Pallak Kusumgar
Study of Spontaneous venous pulsations in POAG, NTG and OHT versus controls
2015-01-01 Dr Sindhoora
KAP study on awareness of eye diseases in children among people attending various outpatient departments at Kasturba hospital
2008-01-01 Dr Simar Kaur