Dr Sushma Belurkar
Department of Pathology
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers lectures, arranging practical classes and conducting exams for MBBS students
- Conducts seminars and slide discussions for the post graduate students.
- Sets question paper for both undergraduate and postgraduate students for sessional and university exams.
- Guides student projects and thesis.
- Reports routine laboratory invesigations in Haematology and of special hematologic investigations.
- Participates in Quality control programmes in the clinical laboratory.
- Conducts seminars and training programmes for the lab technicians.
Dr Sushma Belurkar teaches and trains undergraduate and postgraduate students.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Pathology||3rd, 4th and 5th semester|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Pathology||Goa Medical College, Goa||2002|
|MBBS||Goa Medical College, Goa||1998|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||11/2007 till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||05/2004 to 11/2007|
|Goa medical College, Goa||Assistant Lecturer||08/2002 to 05/2004|
|Goa Medical College, Goa||Tutor||09/1999 to 10/2002|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Haematology, Quality control in laboratory
Area of Expertise
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Indian Association of Pathologists, 2010.
- Life Member of Indian Society of Haematology and Transfusion Medicine, 2009.
Click here for details.
Correlation of morphologic and cyto-chemical diagnoses with flow cyto-metric diagnoses in acute leukaemia
2008-01-01 Dr Hima Bindu Nemani
Compared the morphologic diagnoses with flow cyto-metric diagnoses in 50 cases of Acute leukaemia’s.
Clinico-pathologic study of post chemotherapeutic changes in bone marrow in acute leukaemia patients
2009-01-01 Dr Pankaj Nepali
Studied bone marrow changes in acute leukaemia patients in post induction and maintenance phase of chemotherapy.
WBC profile in Dengue patients with special reference to VCS data