BTech in Information Technology meets the computational needs of business with an emphasis on technology. The exponential growth of user expectations and the increasing workload has created immense requirements for the professionals in the field of Information technology.
The course focuses on complete software development life cycle, database system, knowledge discovery with judicious blend of technical skills.
Graduates after doing this program get placed in organizations like Google, Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, Cisco, Intel, Samsung R&D, Honeywell, Deloitte, etc.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO):
Information Technology (IT) graduate will be able to:
- PEO1: Demonstrate technical competence to work in IT sector
- PEO2: Analyze, design, and provide solutions to professional needs
- PEO3: Pursue higher studies, carry out research and development in evolving technologies, and demonstrate professionalism
- PEO4: Engage in life-long learning, communicate effectively, and exhibit leadership skills
- PEO5: Demonstrate sensitivity towards ethical and environmental issues, and social responsibilities
Program Outcomes (PO):
The Program Outcomes of UG in Information Technology enable students to:
- PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO):
- PSO1: To identify, analyze and develop software systems using appropriate techniques and concepts related to information technology
- PSO2: To design an algorithm or process within realistic constraints to meet the desired needs through analytical, logical and problem-solving skills
- PSO3: To apply state of the art IT tools and technologies, IT infrastructure management abilities in treading innovative career path as a prospective IT engineer
Outline - BTech Information Technology
BTech Information Technology course outline