B.Tech program in Mechtronics offers rich knowledge of engineering such as mechanical, electrical, electronics, computer science, instrumentation, & control systems. The program offers these benefits:
- A well-equipped Mechatronics Laboratory with state-of-the-art automation equipment, including CNC Equipment, Hydraulic & Pneumatic kits, PLC trainer kits, a 6-axis robot etc.
- Student curriculum is well planned & designed
- Along with the core subjects students have the liberty to choose from a wide variety of program electives and open electives
- Apart from the curriculum, industrial visits are encouraged to provide students with the much needed practical exposure
- Imminent people from industry / research sectors are invited for guest lectures / special talks to keep the students updated.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO):
- PEO1- Are expected to apply analytical skills and modelling methodologies to recognize, analyze, synthesize and implement operational solutions to engineering problems, product design and development, and manufacturing.
- PEO2- Will be able to work in national and international companies as engineers who can contribute to research and development and solve technical problems by taking an initiative to develop and execute projects and collaborate with others in a team.
- PEO3- Shall be capable of pursuing higher education in globally reputed universities by conducting original research in related disciplines or interdisciplinary topics, ultimately contributing to the scientific community with novel research findings.
- PEO4- Are envisioned to become technology leaders by starting companies based on social demands and national needs.
- PEO5- Shall develop flexibility to unlearn and relearn by being in pursuit of research and development, evolving technologies and changing societal needs thus keeping themselves professionally relevant.
Program Outcomes (PO):
The POs are exemplars of the attributes expected of a graduate of an accredited programme.
- PO1- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2- Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet t h e specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4- Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of t h e engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO):
At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- PSO1: Apply the knowledge of sensors, drives, actuators, controls, mechanical design and modern software tools to integrate a system for performing specified tasks.
- PSO2: Articulate designs, modelling, analysis, and testing of Mechatronics products, systems and controllers using appropriate technology and software tools.
- Graduates can choose from industries like automobile, automation, software solutions, & consulting, to product development, pharmaceuticals, aerospace, research, etc.
- Graduates may pursue their Masters’ in varied fields such as robotics, automation, aviation, aerospace, controls, manufacturing, embedded systems, communication and energy.
- Graduates are placed in Mahindra & Mahindra, Tata Motors, Honda 2 Wheelers, Michelin, TCS, WIPRO, Accenture, IBM, MU-Sigma, Ingersoll Rand, etc.
Outline: B.Tech - Mechatronics
B.Tech Mechatronics Engineering course outline 2018 (New)
B.Tech Mechatronics Engineering course outline 2014 (Old)