Established in the year 1997, the Department of Atomic and Molecular Physics (DAMP) is an interdisciplinary research hub at Manipal Academy of Higher Education that offers Master Programs in interdisciplinary areas such as Photonics and Nanoscience and Technology.
The Department is carrying out research under the realm of atomic and molecular physics with special focus on Ultra-fast Laser matter interactions, Multi-modal and single cell spectroscopy, Trace element detection using laser induced breakdown spectroscopy, Miniaturized photonics device fabrication, Nanoparticles and nanostructures for healthcare, environmental and energy applications, Surface engineering at nanoscale for micro/optofluidics as well as spectroscopy, Laser assisted nanostructure mediated crystallization, Nanobioimaging, Condensed matter physics, Plasmonics, and Biophysics.
The department also offers a program in MSc Photonics. In addition, there are postgraduate programs in Nanoscience & Technology and Biophysics. The department also offers certificate courses in Laser Applications in Medicine and Biology and Nanoscience & Technology.
- Nanoscience and Technology
- Laser Spectroscopy
- Crystallography and Biophysics
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai
- Raman Research Institute, Bangalore
- University of Texas, San Antonio, USA
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai
- Centre of Excellence in Basic Sciences, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Trieste, Italy.
Collaborations within MU
- Department of Oral Medicine & Radiology, Manipal College of Dental Sciences (MCODS), Manipal
- Department of Oral Medicine & Radiology, MCODS, Mangalore
- Department of Radiotherapy and Oncology, Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, KMC, Manipal
- Department of Pathology, KMC, Manipal
- Department of Clinical Embryology, KMC, Manipal
- Department of Paediatrics, KMC, Manipal
- Department of Cardiology, KMC, Manipal
- Department of Urology, KMC, Manipal
- Melaka Manipal Medical College, Manipal.
- Xerox Research Division, Webster, USA
- Holmarc Opto-mechatronics, Cochin, India.
Labs & Facilities
MU has best-in-class facilities for students of all constituent institutes
Access to hospital facilities gives student hands-on training
State-of-the-art Innovation Centre facilitates multi-disciplinary research
Laboratories give students the opportunity for practical experience
Sports & Fitness
Marena has world-class facilities with courts for badminton, tennis, soccer & squash, as well as a well-equipped gymnasium
Libraries give students access to study resources, digital and print
Student hostels are their homes away from homes
Get the perfect start to your dream career by joining the Institution of Eminence