Dr. Hitesh Hasmukhlal Shah
Professor and Head of Paediatric Orthopaedics
Department of Orthopaedics
Qualification: MS (ORTHO) 1. 2005-2007, Pediatric Orthopaedics Clinical fellowship, KMC, Manipal, 2. 2007-2009 EPOS travelling fellowship, Vienna, Helsinki, Jerusalem, Marseille 3. 2011-APOA travelling fellow, Taiwan, Japan 4. 2011- POSNA travelling fellow, Cincinnati, USA
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Dr Hitesh Hasmukhlal Shah teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- He is involved in Paediatric Orthopaedics patient care
- He coordinates paramedical staff and organizes workshops.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Orthopaedics||MBBS||7th, 8th, 9th semesters (Old Regulations) and PY2, PY3-I, PY3-II (CBME)|
|Orthopaedics||MS||PGY1, PGY2 and PGY3|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MS||Orthopaedics||B J Medical College, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad||2001|
|MBBS||B J Medical College, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad||1998|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Professor||04/2019 till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||01/2008 to 03/2019|
|Government Medical College, Surat||Assistant Professor||11/2005 to 12/2007|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||02/2002 to 11/2005|
|BJ Medical College, Ahmedabad||Senior Resident||01/2002 to 02/2002|
1. Clinical and genetic spectrum of 104 Indian families with central nervous system white matter abnormalities. Kaur, P., do Rosario, M.C., Hebbar, M., ...Girisha, K.M., Shukla, A. Clinical Genetics, 2021, 100(5), pp. 542–550
2. Controversies in the management of pediatric neck femur fractures- a systematic review. Chandankere, V., Shah, H. Journal of Orthopaedics, 2021, 27, pp. 92–102
3. Demographics and Clinical Presentation of Early-Stage Legg-Calvé-Perthes Disease: A Prospective, Multicenter, International Study Laine, J.C., Novotny, S.A., Tis, J.E., ...Joseph, B., Kim, H.K.W. The Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 2021, 29(2), pp. e85–e91
4. Demographic and Practice Variability Amongst Indian Centres in a Multicentre Prospective Observational Study on Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip. Pinto, D., Aroojis, A., Shah, H., ...Schaeffer, E., Mulpuri, K. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics, 2021
5. Comparison of outcome between idiopathic and non-idiopathic congenital vertical talus treated with soft tissue release. Malhotra, M., Shah, H. Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics Part B, 2021, pp. 458–466
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Area of Expertise
Area of Research
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Indian Orthopaedics Association, 2002.
- Life Member of Gujarat Orthopaedics Association, 2003.
- Life Member of Indian Spine Society, 2004.
- Life Member of Paediatric Orthopaedics Society of India, 2006.
- Life Member of Karnataka Orthopaedics Association, 2010.
- Life Member of European Paediatric Orthopaedics Society, 2010.