The students of KMC Manipal regularly win awards and accolades for their work – including research papers, conference and poster presentations.
Some key achievements over the years:
Three postgraduates of Clinical Embryology at KMC Manipal won awards for best research papers at the 18th National Congress of Indian Society for Assisted Reproduction (ISAR) held in Rourkele, Odisha.
- Sam Sudhakaran won the Dr. Asha Rao Award for Best Oral Paper for the paper entitled “Effect of different ovarian tissue cryopreservation methods on oocyte methylation status”.
- Sandesh Patel won the Dr. Poornima Nadakarni Award for Best Poster Presentation for the paper entitled “Biotin enhances sperm motility in asthenozoospermic subjects and developmental potential of embryos”.
- Sonu T Lukose won the Dr. Asha Rao Award for Second Best Poster Presentation for the paper entitled “Liposomes of soya lecithin and cholesterol as extenders in cryopreservation of testicular sperm”.
- Shaweez Faizi, Dept of OBG, won the Best Paper Award for “Comparison of risk of malignancy indec 4 and 3 in the evaluation of patients with pelvic masses” at the World Congress on Dilemmas in (OB/GY) GOCON 2012 held at Nagpur.
- Arun Mavaji S, Dept of Hospital Administration was awarded the Best Paper Presentation for “Impact of Social Marketing on Maternal and Child health: A study at RMCW homes attached to the medical institution” at Horizon 2012 organised by Father Muller Medical College Mangalore.
- Charan Tej Koyi, Dept of Hospital Administration secured Second Prize for Poster Presentation, “E-marketing in Healthcare” at Horizon 2012 organised by Father Muller Medical College Mangalore.
Four postgraduates of Clinical Embryology at KMC Manipal have bagged all the awards for best research papers at the 17th National Congress of Indian Society for Assisted Reproduction (ISAR) held from March 1 to 4, 2012 at Raipur.
- Freya Mathias won the Dr. Asha Rao Award for Best Oral Paper, “Comparison of ovarian tissue slow freezing and vitrification on oocyte structural and DNA integrity”.
- Aditi Kotdawala won the Dr. Poornima Nadakarni Award for Second Best Oral Paper, “Effect of Zinc supplementation to human ejaculate prior to cryopreservation on sperm function competence”.
- Shruti R Gouda won the Dr. Poornima Nadakarni Award for Best Poster Presentation, "Effect of biotin and pentoxyfylline on preimplantation embryonic development”.
- Vikram Jeet Singh won the Dr. Asha Rao Award for Second Best Poster Presentation, "Effect of metacid-50 on ovarian physiology, structure and function of oocytes”.
- Nithin Sashidharan won the Merck Serono Award for Best Poster at the 44th Annual Conference of Indian Pharmacology Society (IPSCON), “Evaluation of efficacy and toxicity of thalidomide-dexamethasone and Lenalidomide-dexamethasone in the treatment of Multiple Myeloma”.
- Rekha Subramaniyam, Department of Hospital Administration, won the Second Prize for, “Issues of Patient Safety” at the National Quality Conclave in Health Care - Enhancing Quality in Health Care: Dimensions and Directions, organised by the Quality Council of India at Bangalore.
- Nithin Sashidharan and Amoolya Gowda were among the Top 48 students selected for Novartis Biotechnology Leadership Camp (Biocamp) 2011 India edition, organised at Hyderabad from August 31 – 3, 2011. Nithin Sashidharan was among the top three candidates who represented India at the International BioCamp held at Novartis Campus in Basel, Switzerland from August 29 to 31, 2011. Dr. Nithin also featured along with other contestants in the Novartis Biocamp 2011 video, which was uploaded on YouTube.