Renal Replacement Therapy and Dialysis Technology at MCHP, Manipal is an allied medical speciality concerned with the evaluation and treatment of patients with renal abnormalities. The department is actively involved in teaching, clinical and research activities.
The clinical training is provided at KMC Hospital, Manipal which is recognized as the largest center for kidney care in South Karnataka and also which was the first dialysis center setup at Manipal.
- Follows a semester scheme. Credit and outcome-based education system.
- Excellent infrastructure.
- Provides better learning to the students by keeping up to date with latest treatment strategies.
- Adequate library facilities which provides latest and best collection of books, journals, online sources, dissertations to students for course work and research.
- Multidisciplinary environment
- Learning through direct hands-on practice with adequate supervision from experts from the field.
- Industrial support for demonstration of latest technology and equipment.
- Various extracurricular activities such as cultural events and sports/quiz competitions etc.
- Highly qualified faculty
- Diverse specialities and hands-on clinical skill training
- Trained in pedagogic and personal effectiveness
- Evidence-based curriculum
- Research intensive environment
Renal Replacement Therapy & Dialysis Technology has a state-of-the-art dialysis unit that provides chronic, acute and critical care for renal failure patients.
Renal Replacement Therapy & Dialysis Technology offers the following program:
Labs & Facilities
Renal Replacement Therapy and Dialysis Technology at MCHP has a well-equipped Out-patient Lab.
Hemodialysis (HD) Unit
Access to HD unit with 32 HD machines, an R.O plant, a portable R.O and dialyzer reprocessing machines. Bed side theory and practical exposure to the students
Life at Manipal made me stronger and allowed me to take a step ahead in being an independent woman. I love infrastructure and International life here. I truly appreciate every single moment I spent at MAHE
BSc. Medical Imaging Technology
MAHE gave me the confidence to grow personally and professionally, it’s a place of learning, fun, culture, love, literature and more. It gave me an opportunity to enrich my knowledge, learn and grow.
BSc. Nuclear Medicine Technology
Life in Manipal is unique due to the tranquility we obtain in a contrastingly vibrant town. MAHE and especially the Department of OT have always helped to provide facilities and create the best environment for studying.
Vu Thi Loan
BSc. Occupational Therapy
Nothing is impossible, I can do it." MAHE has made me strong- it respects and preserves all cultures. The different collegiate events have made me more confident. I will leave this University as a more independent person.
Bachelor of Audio and Speech Pathology