The Department of Medical Imaging Technology at MCHP Manipal was established in 2003 and offers excellent clinical practice for the students with state-of-the-art facilities like digital radiography, computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging.
- It is the third institute in the country to offer post-graduation in Medical Imaging Technology.
- It also offers PHD programs both full time and part time and clinical practice.
- Students are trained to handle the imaging equipment independently.
- Strong industry interface with leading companies like Philips, GE.
- It is fully equipped with highly qualified (MSc and PhD) staffs both at academic and clinical field.
- Clinical practice in Kasturba Medical Hospital, Manipal, where the Radiology and Imaging Department is equipped with Computed Radiography, Digital Radiography, Computed tomography, MRI, Mammography, Ultrasonography /Doppler, Interventional/cath lab and nuclear medicine as well.
- It organises national CME/conference/workshop annually.
- Biomedical Engineering
- Medical Radiation Physics
- Radiation Therapy
- Nuclear Medicine
The Department of Medical Imaging Technology, MCHP Manipal offers the following programs:
BSc MIT – Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging Technology
MSc MIT – Master of Science in Medical Imaging Technology
Digital radiography & Digital Mammography
Digital imaging is a form of X-ray imaging where flat panel detectors are used instead of traditional photographic film. It converts the x ray energy to electrical energy that is delivered to a computer where anatomical image is digitally processed and displayed.
Fluoroscopy is an imaging modality that continuously acquires a sequence of x-ray images over time, essentially a real-time x-ray movie of the patient. By introducing a contrast media (Barium & Iodine) into the organs, fluoroscopy allows the physician to see the organs of interest which are not seen normally in conventional radiography.
Ultrasonography is an imaging modality that uses high-frequency sound waves to view the internal body structures such as tendons, muscles, joints, blood vessels, and internal organs. The major application of ultrasound are in the imaging of foetus, abdomen, pelvis, neck, breast, peripheries and neonatal
Access to hospital facilities gives student hands-on training.
State-of-the-art Innovation Centre to facilitate multi-disciplinary research
Laboratories give students the opportunity for practical experience
Sports & Fitness
Marena is the world-class facilities with courts for badminton, tennis, soccer & squash as well as a well-equipped gymnasium
Libraries have publications on the latest developments in oral healthcare
Student hostels are their homes away from homes
Life at Manipal made me stronger and allowed me to take a step ahead in being an independent woman. I love infrastructure and International life here. I truly appreciate every single moment I spent at MAHE
BSc. Medical Imaging Technology
MAHE gave me the confidence to grow personally and professionally, it’s a place of learning, fun, culture, love, literature and more. It gave me an opportunity to enrich my knowledge, learn and grow.
BSc. Nuclear Medicine Technology
Life in Manipal is unique due to the tranquility we obtain in a contrastingly vibrant town. MAHE and especially the Department of OT have always helped to provide facilities and create the best environment for studying.
Vu Thi Loan
BSc. Occupational Therapy
Nothing is impossible, I can do it." MAHE has made me strong- it respects and preserves all cultures. The different collegiate events have made me more confident. I will leave this University as a more independent person.
Bachelor of Audio and Speech Pathology