“Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics” is concerned with therapeutic uses for nutrition in medical settings as part of a complete health care programme. It deals with the prevention, diagnosis and management of nutritional and metabolic changes related to acute and chronic diseases.
- The growing evidence of unhealthy life style leading to many metabolic disorders has made this course as the need of the hour.
- The current analysis about BSc clinical nutrition and dietetics is more concentrated on hands-on clinical exposure and experience.
- This course offers a under graduate class room teaching, incorporating both theory, practical and clinics with one-year internship.
- This course shall be one among the first to be started with hospital collaboration, where students shall have an add-on advantage of clinical exposure.
- Structure, Biochemical and Metabolic Functions of Nutrients
- Food, Diets and Supplements
- Nutritional Status Assessment
- Nutrition and Disease
- Nutrition Intervention
The Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics, MCHP Manipal offers the following programs:
It has world class facilties for training of undergraduate students
Access to hospital facilities gives student hands-on training in nutritional counselling
State-of-the-art Innovation Centre to facilitate multi-disciplinary research
The lab is adequately equipped to offer hands-on training to clinical nutrition students, to plan and prepare therapeutic diets
Sports & Fitness
Marena is the world-class facilities with courts for badminton, tennis, soccer & squash as well as a well-equipped gymnasium
Libraries have publications on the latest developments in nutrition and dietetics.
Student hostels are their homes away from homes
I love my life in Manipal – I feel at home. Manipal is the best!
Qsee H S
It’s more like being a part of the Manipal universe, than just Manipal university!
Manipal provides the students with the choices of the good and the bad, best and the worst, right and the wrong.
Nuclear Medicine Department is equipped with high end instruments, which helps the students to get a sound practical knowledge.
BSc NMT, DNMT, MSc NMT.