Dr. Shankaranarayana Bhat M
Associate Director (Faculty Development & Welfare)
B.Sc(PMC), B.E (ECE), M.Tech (Electronics Design & Technology, IISc, Bangalore), Ph.D (Low Power VLSI Design)
Associate Professor - Senior in the Dept. of Electronics & Communication Engineering.
Adjunct Professor, Teacher Empowerment Center, Manipal University, Jaipur, since April 2018.
- Faculty Member in the Dept. of Electronics & Communication Engineering, MIT Manipal, since September 1991.
- Lecturer in the Dept. of Electronics & Communication Engineering, at KVGCE, Sullia from August 1990 to September 1991.
- Associate Director (FD&W), since January 2019
- Head of Education Technology Cell, MIT, Manipal (October 9, 2013 –December 31, 2018).
- PG Coordinator for M.Tech in Microelectronics (June 2008 – January 2019).
- Coordinator: MS program for working professionals of corporates from 2005 to 2016. During the period, in addition to establishing the process for the program, delivered expert lectures on various topics on VLSI design and Digital design to the employees of several Multi-National Companies.
- Coordinator: Quality Enhancement in Engineering Education (QEEE) program of IIT Madras for students from 2014 - 2018
- Curriculum Design: Lead a team of faculty members and engineered curriculum development for six branches of Engineering, based on Outcome Based Education, for Manipal International University, Malaysia, in November- December 2010.
- Curriculum Design: Efficiently designed and developed the curriculum for M.Tech program in Microelectronics and launched in 2008.
- Developed a three-tier faculty development program for M.I.T Manipal leading to the holistic development of faculty members in 2013, which is being implemented at the institution level.
- Resource person for WIPRO’s Mission10X program for training the engineering faculty members of various engineering colleges in India during 2009 - 2012.
- Trained Faculty members of MIT and MAHE, Manipal University Jaipur, and other institutions on Outcome Based Education.
- Organized several FDPs and workshops on Pedagogy, Outcome Based Education, Research Orientation, Career Guidance, Soft skills and Technical topics besides being the Resource person.
- Playing a key role in preparation for NBA and NAAC accreditations since 2012.
- Dale Carnegie certificate on effective presentation.
- MxLA Certificate from Wipro
- SMILE - Leadership development program of MAHE (Feb 2015 – Feb 2018)
- Institution of Engineers (MIE) (M120290)
- Indian Society for Technical Education (LM 10247)
- Systems Society of India (LM 24128)
Area of interest
Low Power VLSI Design, Digital Systems Design, Processor architectures, and Engineering education.