The B. Tech. program in Electrical & Electronics Engineering at MIT offers a unique mix of electrical, electronics and computer related courses enabling the students to take up professional career / higher studies in any of these areas. The curriculum based on a credit scheme is updated periodically to reflect changes in the electrical & electronics profession in consultation with experts from industries and renowned academic institutions.
The program has the following benefits:
- The curriculum based on a credit scheme is updated periodically to reflect changes in the energy management auditing and lighting profession in consultation with experts from industries and renowned academic institutions. Some of the innovative practices are included as part of the curriculum like practice school, mini projects associated with lab and theory courses, continuous evaluation, relative grading, etc.
- The department has excellent link with leading industries and has a well-connected alumni network. Infrastructure facilities include well equipped laboratories, including Integrated Electronics Lab, Power Electronics & Drives Lab (UG & PG), Electrical Machinery Lab, Circuits and Measurements Lab, Microprocessors and Embedded Systems Lab, Lighting Simulation & Measurements Lab (PG) and Departmental Library.
- Department organizes regular visits to reputed industries and power stations.
- All the lecture halls are provided with state of the art facilities such as LCD Projectors, audio visual aids.
- The department also arranges guest lectures from academic and industrial experts of repute regularly for the benefit of faculty as well as students.
- The students are encouraged to present and publish their project work in reputed national / international conferences / journals.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
PEO 1: Competent graduates who can apply the knowledge of electrical and electronics engineering to solve problems considering societal and environmental contexts.
PEO 2: Engage in design of systems and applications using modern engineering tools in the field of electrical and electronics engineering and allied engineering domains.
PEO 3: Graduates who can communicate well, work effectively in a team, exhibit high professional ethics and demonstrate leadership qualities.
PEO 4: Engage in lifelong learning, career enhancement, pursuing higher education and research and adapt to changing professional and societal needs.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO)
PO 1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialisation to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO 2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO 3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet t h e specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PO 4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO 5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO 6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO 7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
PO 8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
PO 9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
PO 10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO 11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO 12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
PSO 1: Apply the engineering knowledge to analyse and evaluate the components of power system, its operation, control and protection
PSO 2: Model and Analyse linear and non-linear systems in both continuous and discrete domains
PSO 3: Design and develop electronic circuits and systems for specified applications
Some of the major companies where the students get placed are ABB, Deloitte, Ericsson Global, GE Health Care, GMR Energy, Grasim, HCL, JSW Steel, L&T, L&T-ECC, Moog, M&M, Nomura, Philips Electronics, Schneider Electricals, TCE, Tesco, Wipro VLSI, WS Atkins, Tata Motors, Reliance, Toshiba, Accenture, HCL, IBM, iGATE PATNI, Mphasis, TCS, Wipro and Infosys.
Outline - BTech Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Key Dates & Deadlines
Sat Apr 10 2021
Apr ' 21
Last date to Apply
Jul ' 21
Tentative Course Commencement Date
Indian Students Apply
International Students Apply
Indian Students Apply
International Students Apply
4 Years (8 semesters).
World-class laboratories give learning a practical dimension
State-of-the-art Innovation Centre to facilitate multi-disciplinary research
Libraries have excellent resources for reference and study
Paper tree - A green initiative by MIT students of MUTBI
Wi-fi campus with modern computing and digital facilities
Get the perfect start to your dream career by joining the Institution of Eminence