CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is Unit Head of Surgery, Kasturba Medical College and Hospital, Manipal.
- Guides postgraduate theses and undergraduate ICMR projects.
- Is external examiner for undergraduate and postgraduate surgery examinations.
- Sets question paper for MBBS, MS.
- Conducts CME in surgery at Manipal.
- Is resource person for national and international workshops of various surgical disciplines.
Dr Annappa Kudva teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|General Surgery||PY-2, IIIrd year and IVth year|
|General Surgery||IIIrd year|
|General Surgery||PGY-1, PGY-2, PGY-3|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MBBS||General Surgery||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1981|
|MS||General Surgery||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1986|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||Assistant Professor||September 1988 - October 1993|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||Associate Professor||October 1993 - October 2001|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||Additional Professor||October 2001 - February 2001|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||Professor||March 2004 - Present|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Gastrointestinal , Breast and Endocrine Surgery
Area of Expertise
Colorectal and Breast Surgery
Area of Research
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Association of Surgeons of India, 2001.
- Fellow of The Academy Of General Education- FAGE, 2000.
- Life Member of Indian Pancreatic Club, 2006.
Visceral artery pseudo aneurysm secondary to pancreatitis
1. Kudva A, Prasad M, Rao A, Visceral artery pseudo aneurysm secondary to pancreatitis, Vascular Endovascular Surgery, 2000,34
2. Rodrigues G, Kudva A, Rao A, Paratesticular Rhabdomyosarcooma in Childhood, Indian Journal of Urology, 2001, 17
3. Kudva A, Tropical Pyomyositis, Medical Journal of Malaysia, 2005, 60
4. Topno N, Mahesh SG, Kudva A, Lokesh B, Abdominal epilepsy and foreign body in the abdomen, Yonsei Medical Journal, 2005, 46
5. Nagpal N, Prasad, Kudva A, * Raghavendra Nagaraj, Spontaneous Colocutaneous Fistula, A Rare Presentation Of Colonic Cancer, Internet Journal Of Surgery, 2008, 15
6. Geetha KR, Kudva A, Bhavatej, Laparoscopic appendicectomy versus open appendicectomy: a comparative study of clinical outcome and cost analysis – Institutional experience, Indian Journal of Surgery, 2009, 71
7. Hartimath, B., Kudva, A., & Rathore, A. S, Role of Fine-Needle Aspiration Cytology in Swellings of the Parotid Region, Indian Journal of Surgery, 2011, 73
8. Kudva A; Lakshminarayana B; Addala PK; Prasad S, A randomized control study on neurosensory outcomes of ilioingunal neurectomy in Linctenstein’s hernia repair, World Journal of Medical Education and Research:, 2015, 10
9. Pavanchand Shetty H, Bakkannavar SM, Kudva A, Nayak VC, Pradeep Kumar G, Nirmal Krishnan M, Gossypiboma: A land mine in surgical practice, Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences, 2016, 7
10. Patnam, V., Narayanan, R., & Kudva, A, A cautionary approach to adult female groin swelling: Hydrocoele of the canal of Nuck with a review of the literature, BMJ Case Reports, 2016
11. Srujana Reddy Mandadi, * Annappa Kudva, Acrocutaneous metastasis – A rare presentation, International Journal of Surgery Case Reports, 2018, 51
Vascular Endovascular Surgery
Abdominal epilepsy and foreign body in the abdomen
Yonsei Medical Journal
Paratesticular Rhabdomyosarcooma in Childhood
2001-01-02 Rodrigues G Kudva A Rao A
Indian Journal of Urology
2004-01-01 Kudva A
Calicut Medical Journal
Laparoscopic appendectomy versus open appendectomy
Indian Journal Of Surgery
Spontaneous Colocutaneous Fistula, A Rare Presentation Of Colonic Cancer
Internet Journal Of Surgery