CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is Unit Head of Surgery, Kasturba Medical College and Hospital, Manipal.
- Guides postgraduate theses and undergraduate ICMR projects.
- Is external examiner for undergraduate and postgraduate surgery examinations.
- Sets question paper for MBBS, MS.
- Conducts CME in surgery at Manipal.
- Is resource person for national and international workshops of various surgical disciplines.
Dr Annappa Kudva teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Subject code||Semester / Year|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MS||General Surgery||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1985|
|MBBS||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||1981|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC,Manipal||Professor and Head of Unit||2007 till date|
|Government District Hospital, Udupi||Additional Professor||2005|
|Central Referral Hospital, Tadong||Additional Professor||2004|
|TMA Pai Hospital, Udupi||Associate Professor||2001|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Gastrointestinal , Breast and Endocrine Surgery
Area of Expertise
Colorectal and Breast Surgery
Area of Research
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Association of Surgeons of India, 2001.
- Fellow of The Academy Of General Education- FAGE, 2000.
- Life Member of Indian Pancreatic Club, 2006.
Visceral artery pseudo aneurysm secondary to pancreatitis
Vascular Endovascular Surgery
Abdominal epilepsy and foreign body in the abdomen
Yonsei Medical Journal
Paratesticular Rhabdomyosarcooma in Childhood
2001-01-02 Rodrigues G Kudva A Rao A
Indian Journal of Urology
2004-01-01 Kudva A
Calicut Medical Journal
Laparoscopic appendectomy versus open appendectomy
Indian Journal Of Surgery
Spontaneous Colocutaneous Fistula, A Rare Presentation Of Colonic Cancer
Internet Journal Of Surgery