Dr Ashwath M Acharya
Department of Orthopaedics
Qualification: MS (ORTHO) FNB (Fellow of the National Board), 2005-2007, Ganga hospital, Coimbatore, India: Ethicon Inland Travelling Fellowship of the ISSH, 2006, JALMA, Agra, BJ Wadia, Sushrusha and Bombay Hospital, Mumbai, India; Dr. Robert Acland S and T Overseas Travelling Fellowship of the ISSH, 2017-2018, Asan Medical Centre and Gwangmyeong Sungae Hospital, Seoul, South Korea.
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Dr Ashwath Acharya has responsibilities of teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students of KMC Manipal and Clincal work at Kasturba Hospital, Manipal.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Orthopaedics||MBBS||7th, 8th, 9th semesters (Old Regulations) and PY2, PY3-I, PY3-II (CBME)|
|Orthopaedics||MS||PGY1, PGY2 and PGY3|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MS||Orthopaedics||Medical College, Kolkata, University of Calcutta.||2003|
|MBBS||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1999|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||09/2011 till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||12/2007 to 08/2011|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||09/2003 to 08/2005|
1. The influence of ethnic differences based on upper limb anthropometry on grip and pinch strength. Bhat, A.K., Jindal, R., Acharya, A.M. Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics and Trauma, 2021, 21, 101504
2. Correlation of Flexor Pollicis Longus Tendon Status by Ultrasonography with Plate Position on Radiographs Following Volar Plate Fixation of Distal Radius Fractures with Pronator Quadratus Repair. Bhat, A.K., Acharya, A.M., Mane, P.P., Karegowda, L.H. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics, 2021, 55(4), pp. 1015–1021
3. Operation theatre protocol for COVID-19 cases requiring orthopaedic surgery: A workflow without altering the existing infrastructure. Bhat, A.K., Vijayan, S., Acharya, A.M., ...Kanhangad, M.P., Hegde, N. Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics and Trauma, 2021, 17, pp. 163–168
4. The Middle Trunk Fascicle: A Simple, Effective Nerve Transfer for Suprascapular Nerve in Upper Brachial Plexus Injuries. Acharya, A.M., Bhat, A.K., Hegde, N. The journal of hand surgery Asian-Pacific volume, 2021, 26(1), pp. 107–111
5. Current concepts in the management Radial Longitudinal Deficiency. Bhat, A.K., Acharya, A.M.. Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics and Trauma, 2020, 11(4), pp. 597–605
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Hand and microsurgery
Area of Expertise
Hand and microsurgery, Brachial Plexus reconstruction
Area of Research
Peripheral nerve injuries, Tendon injuries, Hand trauma
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Indian Society for Surgery of Hand, 2006
- Life Member of Indian Orthopaedic Association, 2010.
- Life Member of Karnataka Orthopaedic Association, 2008.
- Life Member of Brachial Plexus Surgery Group of India, 2012.