CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises duties, work and quality of radiography and duties of radiographers.
- Arranges for duties and designate the work to teaching staff members based on their experience and seniority.
- Guides postgraduate students in research.
- Performs and interprets Conventional X-rays and special investigations, including Uro-radiological and Reproductive System Procedure.
- Is involved in departmental audit activities working towards ISO and NABH accreditation, departmental stock of interventional radiology instruments.
- Updates protocols and guidelines for Radiology imaging and reporting.
- Organizes various CME programs and conferences.
Dr Rajagopal KV teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Radiodiagnosis and Imaging||MBBS||5th and 7th semester|
|Radiodiagnosis and Imaging||MD|
|Radiodiagnosis and Imaging||DMRD|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|FRCR||Radiodiagnosis||Royal College of Radiology, London, United Kingdom||2010|
|MD||Radiodiagnosis||Govt Medical College, Patiala||1996|
|MBBS||Govt Medical College, University of Mysore||1990|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC,Manipal||Professor||2018 till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Professor and HOD||04/2012|
|KMC, Manipal||Professor||11/2007 till 2012|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||11/2003 to 11/2007|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||11/1998 to 11/2003|
|KMC, Manipal||Senior Resident||11/1996 to 02/1998|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Musculoskeletal, abdominal and Neuroimaging, Ultrasonography including General ultrasound, musculoskeletal and Ultrasound of small parts, Interventional radiology including ultrasound/CT guided procedures and vascular interventions.
Area of Expertise
Cross sectional Imaging and Radiological intervention procedures
Area of Research
Neuroimaging, MSK Imaging and Breast Imaging
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Indian Radiological & Imaging Association, 1996.
- Member of RSNA.
- Member of General Medical Council (UK), 2005
TEXT BOOK CHAPTERS
- Ultrasound in genetic and congenital disorders. Human genetics for students. 11.1-11.7, 2006
- “Mammography” in Manipal manual of Surgery.
- “Imaging of gastrointestinal infections” in text book “Infections of the Gastrointestinal System”
Click here for details.
Role of Doppler for prediction of adverse perinatal outcome in PIH and IUGR
2003-01-01 Dr Gowrisankar
Role of Computed Tomography in the evaluation of parapharyngeal lesion
2004-01-01 Dr Avinash KR
Computed Tomographic evaluation of orbital masses
2004-01-01 Dr Ankur Arora
Preliminary report on ultrasound and Doppler in evaluation of uterine invitro fertilization program
2004-01-01 Dr Naveen Kulkarni
Clinical implications of MRI and its correlation with conventional Radiography in the evaluation of acute cervical spine trauma
2004-01-01 Dr Nabil Sharif M
Mammographic and sonographic evaluation of breast lesions: A prospective analysis
2005-01-01 Dr Ashwin M P
CT evaluation of the blunt abdominal trauma
2006-01-01 Dr Abhishek Mahajan
Role of CT Perfusion in evaluation of neck lesions
2007-01-01 Dr Madhujit P
Role of perfusion CT in the evaluation of pancreatic masses
Role of CT perfusion imaging in intra cranial space occupying lesions
2009-01-01 Dr Lakshmikanth HK
Role of whole body diffusion weighted MR imaging in metastatic work up
2010-01-01 Dr Samir PM
Role Of 3D Ultrasound, Power Doppler Angiography And MRI In Patients With Suspected Endometrial Pathology – A Prospective Cohort Study
2012-01-01 Dr Supritha
MRI in Evaluation Of Anal Fistula
2012-01-01 Dr Mugil Verman
Article on Uterine artery embolization
Medical Bulletin of Udayavani, 2002