CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Dr. Rajgopal Shenoy K teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- He is involved in:
- Training of postgraduate students, undergraduate students and interns posted to department of General Surgery.
- Examiner for undergraduate (MBBS) and postgraduate (MS) examinations.
- Functions as Departmental ASI Coordinator and Board of Studies member.
- Member of the Departmental Workplace and Gender Sensitivity Panel.
- Motivates department faculty for research on subjects of common relevance and interest.
- Participates in various CMEs, workshops and conferences.
- Faculty speaker for various national level online teaching programmes
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|General Surgery||PY-2, IIIrd year and IVth year|
|General Surgery||IIIrd year|
|General Surgery||PGY-1, PGY-2, PGY-3|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MBBS||Undergraduation||Government Medical College, Bellary||1982|
|MS||General Surgery||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||1986|
|Honoraray FRCS||General Surgery||Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow||2016|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||Junior Lecturer||1986|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||Assistant Professor||December 1986 - November 1991|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||Associate Professor||December 1991 - November 1995|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||Additional Professor||December 1995 - November 2001|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||Head of Department||2013 - 2016|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||Associate Dean||2015 - 2018|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||Professor||2001 - Present|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Upper Gastro Intestinal Surgery, Thyroid Surgery, Surgical Quiz
Area of Expertise
Gastric Pull Up, Thyroidectomy, Colorectal Surgery
Area of Research
Abdominal TB, Thyroid swellings, Gastric Pull Up, Cholecytectomy and Anastomotic Leaks
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Association of Surgeons of India
- Life Member of Association of Surgical Gastroenterology
- Life Member of Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
- Life Member of Indian Medical association
- Life Member of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
- Life Member of Indian society of Ambulatory surgery
- Life Member of Hernia society
- Life member of International Medical Science Academy
Annular pancreas in adults- diagnostic difficulties
1. Shenoy RK, Pai SU, Rajan N. Stomach as a conduit for esophagus - A study of 105 cases - Indian J Gastroenterol 1996;15 (2):52-4.
2. Shenoy RK, Pai SU. Annular pancreas in adults- Diagnostic Difficulties- J Indian Med. Assoc 1996; 94 (11):242-3.
3. Ramachandra L, Shenoy RK, Bhaskara KG, Pai SU. Disabling genu valgus deformity in functioning parathyroid adenoma – J Indian Med Assoc; 1996; 94 (11):436.
4. Ramachandra L, Shenoy RK, Pai SU. Xeroderma pigmentosa in siblings: Cystosarcoma phylloides in a case of xeroderma pigmentosa. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2002;68:168-70.
5. Rodrigues G, Shenoy R, Shenoy G. Morgagni hernia: A management dilemma – Indian Journal of Clinical Practice 2002;12:36-8.
6. Rodrigues G, Kannaiayan L, Gopasetty, Rao S, Shenoy R. Colonic pseudo-obstruction due to Herpes Zoster infection. Indian J Gastroenterol 2002; 21:203-4.
7. Shenoy R, Rodrigues G, Gopasetty M, Kannaiayan L, Rao S. Segmental Jejunal Lipomatosis – A rare cause of Intestinal Obstruction – Yonsei Med J 2003; 44: 359-61.
8. Jain V, Rodrigues G, Shenoy R. Adult colonic rhabdomyosarcoma – A case report with review of literature. Emirates Medical Journal, 2003; 21(1):79-81.
9. Sreedharan VK, Rajgopal Shenoy K, Shenoy MG. Upper gastrointestinal bleeding in tropical pancreatitis due to pseudoaneurysm rupture. Tropical doctor 2003;33:57.
10. Rodrigues G, Kannaiyan L, Gopasetty M, Rao S, Shenoy R. Plain X-ray in acute appendicitis – The Internet Journal of Radiology 2004;3:2
11. Rodrigues G, Shenoy R, Rao A. Profile of nonvariceal upper gastrointestinal bleeding in a tertiary Referral Hospital – Internet Journal of Surgery 2004; 5: number 2. ISSN:1528-8242
12. Satyanarayana N, Shenoy KR, Alvares JF, Pai BS. Enteral feeding by fistuloclysis in a mid jejunal fistula – Indian Journal of Gastroenterology 2005;24:124-5.
13. Shenoy R, Rodrigues G, Jain V, Khan SA. Phaeochromocytoma – An institutional experience – Annals 2006;12:187-91.
14. Prasad H, Rodrigues G, Shenoy R. Role of ultrasonography in non traumatic acute abdomen. Internet journal of surgery 2007;5:2.
15. Rodrigues G, Shenoy R, Jain V. Cutaneous myofibromatosis masquerading as a chronic non healing leg ulcer. Internet journal of surgery 2007; 9(2):
16. Pai BS, Anand VN, Shenoy KR. Diagnostic accuracy of fine-needle aspiration cytology versus frozen section in solitary thyroid nodules. The Internet Journal of Surgery 2007;12:2.
17. Bhat RA, Bhat KA, Kumar P, Kushtagi P, Rao A, Shenoy RK. Profile of non-obstetric complications of surgical importance during pregnancy. Asian Journal of Obs Gynae Practice: 2007;11:3.
18. Rodrigues G, Shenoy MG, Shenoy KR. Impacted gall stone ileus, seventeen of them! Indian J Surgery 2008; 70: 252-3.
19. Gaurav M, Shenoy R, Mary M, Enganti B. Concomitant tuberculosis and metastasis in axillary lymph nodes: a diagnostic surprise. Letter to the editor - ANZ Journal of Surgery. 2008;78(9):825-6.
20. Pai SB, Ramachandra L, Shenoy R, Kamath G. Bochdalek’s Hernia in Adults – a Report of 4 Cases - The Internet Journal of Surgery 2009;18:2.
21. Shenoy R, Rodrigues G, Rao A. Nodal status as an independent predictor of survival in oral squamous cell carcinoma. European Archives of Oto-Rhino Laryngology and Head & Neck. 2010: 267: S27
22. Koduru B, Tejaswini, Thakur A, Kamath SU, Shenoy RK, Kamath U, Reshma K. Indicators of oxidative stress in thyroid cancer: Indian Journal of Biochemistry & Biophysics 2010;47:121-3.
23. Gulavani N, Shenoy RK, Sharma A. Caecal Bascule - A case report and review of literature – WebmedCentral GASTROINTESTINAL 2010;1(10):WMC001022
24. Carnelio S, Rodrigues GS, Shenoy R, Fernandes D. A brief review of common oral premalignant lesions with emphasis on their management and cancer Prevention – Indian J Surg 2011;73(4): 256-61.
25. Radhakrishna GK, Bhat PR, Shenoy RK, Pai S, Singh H. Primary mesenteric fibromatosis: A case report with brief review of literature. Indian J Surg 2013;75(Suppl 1):131–3.
26. Sisodiya R, Shenoy R, Gupta A, Yoonus F. Adult jejunojejunal intussusception – submucosal hamartomatous polyp as a lead point - International Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences 2012;2(4):86-7. ISSN: 2167-0447
27. Nayal B, Rao L, Rao ACK, Sharma S, Shenoy R. Extragenital aggressive angiomyxoma of the axilla and chest wall - Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2013;7(4):718-20.
28. Prabhu R, Kumar N, Kulkarni C, Shenoy R. Mucinous cystadenoma of the appendix in a 35 year old woman: a case report. Spanish Journal of Surgical Research 2013; XVI nº:3(138-140).
29. Prabhu R, Natarajan A, Shenoy R, Vaidya K. Aggressive fibromatosis (desmoid tumour) of the head and neck: a benign neoplasm with high recurrence. BMJ Case Rep 2013. doi:10.1136/bcr-2013-200156.
30. Prabhu R, Natarajan A, Shenoy R, Vaidya K. Rhabdomyosarcoma of spermatic cord in a 65-year-old man presenting as a groin swelling. BMJ Case Rep 2013. doi:10.1136/bcr-2013-010499.
31. Prabhu R, Kumar N, Shenoy R. Iliac crest bone graft donor site hernia: not so uncommon. BMJ Case Rep 2013. doi:10.1136/bcr-2013-010386.
32. Pramod K, Shetty D, Prabhu R, Shenoy R. Gastric schwannoma: Differential diagnosis for a submucosal gastric mass. International Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences 2013;46(2): 1205-8.
33. Prabhu R, Krishna S, Shenoy R, Thangavelu S. Endometriosis of extrapelvic round ligament, a diagnostic dilemma for physicians. BMJ Case Rep 2013. doi:10.1136/bcr-2013-200465
34. Krishna S, Prabhu R, Thangavelu S, Shenoy R. Jejuno-jejunal intussusception: an unusual complication of feeding jejunostomy. BMJ Case Rep 2013. doi:10.1136/bcr-2013-200219.
35. Prabhu R, Krishna S, Shenoy R, Natarajan A. Pancreatic cancer presenting as a Sister Mary Joseph’s Nodule. BMJ Case Rep 2013. doi:10.1136/ bcr-2013-201020
36. Prabhu R, Shenoy RK. Primary perineal hernia: a differential diagnosis for Bartholin’s cyst in women. ANZ J of Surgery 2013 doi: 10.1111/ans.12265
37. Prabhu R, Kumar N, Sadhu S, Shenoy R. Fibrosarcomatous dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans: A case report of an aggressive soft tissue sarcoma. J Clin Exp Res 2013; 1:71-3.
38. Shenoy R, Agarwal N, Goneppanavar U, Shenoy A, Sharma A. Symmetrical peripheral gangrene – A brief report and brief review. Indian J Surg 2013;75:163.
39. Prabhu R, Shenoy R, Thinda N, Patel A, Sadhu S. Be careful with an IV line. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2014;8(3):166-7. DOI:10.7860/JCDR/2014/7937.4150
40. Prabhu R, Kumar N, Krishna S , Shenoy R. Primary colonic signet ring cell carcinoma in a young patient. BMJ Case Rep 2014. doi bcr-2013-200587.
41. Prabhu R, Kumar N, Krishna S, Shenoy R. Adenocarcinoma of the duodenojejunal flexure presenting as a stricturous lesion –BMJ Case Reports 2014; doi:10.1136/bcr-2013-200546
42. Tubachi P, Shenoy KR, Maru R, Pai D. Posterior gastric perforation in a case of pancreatitis with pseudocyst. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences 2015;14(2):103-5.
43. Varun Ladda, Prashanth Tubachi, K.Rajgopal Shenoy- Pseudocyst of Pancreas : a clinical study –IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences 2279-0853, p- ISSN -2279-0861,Volume 14-October 2015
44. Abdominal tuberculosis revisited : a single institutional experience of 72 cases over 3years . Dr Chethan Krishnanand, Dr Niranj K,Dr K.Rajgopal Shenoy ,Dr Anitha S: IOSR Journal of Dental and medical sciences, - Vol 14, Issue 11, Nov 2015, PP 17-23
45. A prospective comparative study of Localanaesthesia and spinal anesthesia for Lichtenstein hernioplasty in tertiary care hospital : Dr Jegan Subramaniyan, Dr chetan Krishnanand, Dr Megha Pai, Dr. K.Rajgopal Shenoy : IOSR Journal of Dental and medical sciences, - Vol 14, Issue 11, Nov 2015, PP 47-51
46. Johri G, Sharma A , Shenoy KR - Acute intestinal obstruction during pregnancy - International Journal of Medical Research and Review , January, 2016/ Vol 4/Issue 1
47. Hard nodular lesions over the chest wall – Raghunath Prabhu, Steffi Sharma,Sakshi Prabhu,Rajgopal shenoy Journal of family practice vol 65 no 1 January 2016
48. Small bowel gangrene secondary to Transmesenteric Internal Herniation – A case report and Review of Literature : Ankur Shrma, Dr Goonj Johri, Prof.K.Rajgopal Shenoy : International Journal of scientific Research Vol 5 March 2016
49. Colorectal cancer and its risk factors among patients attending a tertiary care hospital in southern Karnataka India : Rashmi aithal, ranjitha Shetty…. Rajgopal Shenoy et al.. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and clinical research Vol 10 - Issue 4 – 2017
50. Comparison of non absorbable (polyprolylene ) versus delayed absorbable (polydioxanone) suture material for abdominal wound closure after laparotomy . : International surgery journal May 2018 Vol 5 Issue 5 page 1 . Deepti Pai , Rajgopal Shenoy, Chethan .
51. Clinical profile of Cyclical and non cyclical Mastalgia : New Indian journal of surgery ,Volume 9 Number 6, November- Decemebr 2018
52. Reports of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Vol.8, No.1, Apr 2019 : Original article Ischemia-Modified Albumin, Creatinine, And Paraoxonase-1 Levels in Serum of Patients Undergoing Intravenous Contrast-Enhanced Computed Tomography and Its Association with Contrast-Induced Nephropathy Chanda Jha1 , ShobhaUllas Kamath* 1 , Sambit Dash2 , Ravindra Prabhu Attur3 , LingadakaiRamachandra4 , Rajgopal Shenoy Kallya
53. Application of Topical Oxygen Therapy in Healing Dynamics of Diabetic Foot Ulcers - A Systematic Review : Megha Nataraj1, Arun G. Maiya1, Gagana Karkada1, Manjunatha Hande2, Gabriel S. Rodrigues3, Rajgopal Shenoy3, Shiva S. Prasad3 Rev Diabet Stud, 2019, 15:74-82
54. Role of Total Laryngopharyngoesophagectomy with Gastric Pull Up in the Management of Locally Advanced Hypopharyngeal Cancers
K. Devaraja, Kailesh Pujary, Balakrishnan Ramaswamy, Dipak Ranjan Nayak, Kallya Rajgopal Shenoy & Prerit Rao - Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery (2020)
55. Microbial Community Distribution and Core Microbiome in Successive Wound Grades of Individuals with Diabetic Foot Ulcers
Jnana, A., Muthuraman, V., Varghese, V. K., Chakrabarty, S., Murali, T. S., Ramachandra, L., Shenoy, R. K., Rodrigues, G. S., Prasad, S. S., Dendukuri, D., Morschhauser, A., Nestler, J., Peter, H., Bier, F. F. & Satyamoorthy, K., 02-03-2020, In: Applied and Environmental Microbiology. 86, 6
56. Castleman's disease in an adolescent: CASE REPORT -Apollo Medicine, Year : 2020 | Volume : 17 | Issue : 4 | Page : 286-288, Ujjwala Singh, Manish S Nayak, Shreya Singh, K Rajgopal Shenoy