CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Dr. Vinutha R Bhat teaches and trains undergraduate and postgraduate medical students in Biochemistry.
- Works in Biochemistry lab for diagnostic services and also undertakes research projects.
- Is the Coordinator for the M.Sc program in Manipal Campus.
- Is In-charge of the Toxicology lab and is also the Coordinator for Poison Information Centre.
- Guides postgraduate students for their dissertation projects.
- Organizes various programs/CME and webinars in the Dept.
- Teacher Guardian for students of KMC, Manipal
- Warden for Indira hostel.
- Has visited the University of Kentucky, Lexington for collaboration work
- She has been awarded Dr. TMA Pai gold medal for outstanding research publication in the year 2020
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Biochemistry||1st and 2nd semester|
|Biochemistry||All 4 semester|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|Phd||Biochemistry||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||2014|
|Msc||Biochemistry||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1994|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||9/1/2018 to Till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||7/2/2014 to 8/31/2018|
|KMC, Manipal||Lecturer||2/17/1995 to 7/1/2014|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Molecular Biology, Techniques, Clinical biochemistry and Quality control
Evaluation of hyptis suaveolens for anti-oxidant property and reversal of dexamethasone suppression in dead space wound model
2011-01-01 Rajput R Bose U Barma M Udupa AL Bhat V
International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Biotechnology, 2011. http://www.ijpsb.com
Reversal of dexamethasone suppressed wound healing with ethanolic extract of leaves of hyptis suaveolens (L) POIT
2011-01-01 Rajput R Bose U Manjusha B Reddy S Udupa AL Bhat V
International Journal of Applied Biology and Pharmaceutical Technology, 2011.
Evaluation of Glutathione-S-transferase and Ceruloplasmin levels in gingival crevicular fluid and gingival tissue as diagnostic markers for chronic periodontitis
2012-01-01 Varghese JM Bhat V Bhat GS Rao N
Advances in Bioscience and Biotechnology, 2012.
Evaluation of antidiabetic and hypolipidemic efficacy of variuos fractions of heartwood of pterocarpus marsupium (Fabaceae) on Alloxan induced diabetic rats
2015-01-01 Bhat V Nayak S
European journal of medicinal plants, 2015