CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Dr. Vinutha R Bhat teaches and trains undergraduate and postgraduate medical students in Biochemistry.
- Works in Biochemistry lab for diagnostic services and also undertakes research projects.
- Is the Coordinator for the M.Sc program in Manipal Campus.
- Is In-charge of the Toxicology lab and is also the Coordinator for Poison Information Centre.
- Guides postgraduate students for their dissertation projects.
- Organizes various programs/CME and webinars in the Dept.
- Teacher Guardian for students of KMC, Manipal
- Warden for Indira hostel.
- Has visited the University of Kentucky, Lexington for collaboration work
- She has been awarded Dr. TMA Pai gold medal for outstanding research publication in the year 2020
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Biochemistry||1st and 2nd semester|
|Biochemistry||All 4 semester|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|Phd||Biochemistry||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||2014|
|Msc||Biochemistry||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1994|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||9/1/2018 to Till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||7/2/2014 to 8/31/2018|
|KMC, Manipal||Lecturer||2/17/1995 to 7/1/2014|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Molecular Biology, Techniques, Clinical biochemistry and Quality control
Evaluation of hyptis suaveolens for anti-oxidant property and reversal of dexamethasone suppression in dead space wound model
International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Biotechnology, 2011. http://www.ijpsb.com
Reversal of dexamethasone suppressed wound healing with ethanolic extract of leaves of hyptis suaveolens (L) POIT
International Journal of Applied Biology and Pharmaceutical Technology, 2011.
Evaluation of Glutathione-S-transferase and Ceruloplasmin levels in gingival crevicular fluid and gingival tissue as diagnostic markers for chronic periodontitis
2012-01-01 Varghese JM Bhat V Bhat GS Rao N
Advances in Bioscience and Biotechnology, 2012.
Evaluation of antidiabetic and hypolipidemic efficacy of variuos fractions of heartwood of pterocarpus marsupium (Fabaceae) on Alloxan induced diabetic rats
European journal of medicinal plants, 2015