The department trains the students in all branches of Human Anatomy using traditional and innovative methods. All faculty members are provided with computers and the offices have internet connections. The postgraduate qualified faculty are trained in teaching and student evaluation. There are normal and clinically relevant Radiographs and CT scans for regular small group discussions with students. The well-equipped research facility is utilised for routine Histological and Cytogenetics research.
The facilities meet all the requirements of undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and learning. All the laboratories are air-conditioned and are equipped with audiovisual facilities. The department produces high quality Histology Microscopic slides, which are commercially supplied to several medical schools within and outside the country. Active body donor programs cater to the requirement of cadavers for efficient training of undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The department houses the cold storage facility where 48 cadavers can be stored at a time. The Museum of Anatomy rated as one of the best in the world is an added attraction.
- Trains undergraduate and postgraduate Medical students
- Air-conditioned lecture theatres with full-fledged audio-visual units
- Integrated both horizontal and vertical teaching with other basic science and clinical disciplines
- Air-conditioned cadaveric dissection hall with LCD's for regular video demonstration of dissection classes
- Cadavers regularly stored in the cold storage with uninterrupted power supply
- Histology lab has the TV monitor connected to the microscope for demonstration of the microscopic slides
- Every student provided with a microscope and Histology slides for study during the practical classes
- Department equipped with research facilities for tissue culture and cytogenetics
- Anatomy Museum houses the best-dissected specimens numbering more than 1,000 for students to revise on all days including Sundays and holidays.
Areas of Study
Anatomy is a branch of medicine that studies the structure and functions of the human body. This branch of medicine specializes in research and practice of histology tissue processing, cadaveric dissection, museum specimen preparation, cytogenetics and cultivation of tissue cultures.