The Department of Biomedical Engineering at Manipal Institute of Technology came into existence as a separate entity on 9 August, 1999. The students at the department are trained to be engineers with a strong mathematical background, while also learning about clinical subjects in medicine.
The department offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs, accredited by the NBA constituted by the AICTE.
“To become a center of excellence in teaching and research in Biomedical Engineering”
To provide professional education in Biomedical Engineering, through a curriculum balanced in theory and practice, strong in the fundamentals of engineering while training sufficiently in the essence of medical sciences, to cater to the current healthcare-necessities of the society, through innovation and research in collaboration with medical practitioners.
- Multidisciplinary program
- Biomedical Engineering students have an opportunity to work on real-life problems and healthcare.
- BoP program
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- Manipal Life Sciences Centre, Manipal
- Dr Reddy’s Life Sciences Centre, University of Hyderabad Campus, Hyderabad
- Xerox Research Center Webster, New York, USA
- The department is exploring various collaborative projects/academic exchanges/programs/symposia with reputed Universities in Europe.
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Physiological Signal Processing
- Medical Imaging/Image Processing
World-class laboratories give learning a practical dimension
State-of-the-art Innovation Centre to facilitate multi-disciplinary research
Libraries have excellent resources for reference and study
Paper tree - A green initiative by MIT students of MUTBI
Wi-fi campus with modern computing and digital facilities
Research & Publications
The areas of research are Medical Image Processing, Physiological Signal processing, Medical instrumentation, Biomaterials/Tissue Engineering.
For me MAHE is a place with ample opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
Learning is an awesome experience at Manipal. This is the best place to be for students.
MAHE is giving us wings to fly and providing us with resources necessary to make it big in life.
MAHE has taught me the value of organisation and to be systematic in all my work.
My experience at MIT has been great from the beginning.
I’m glad I choose Manipal University.