The Department of Humanities & Management, at Manipal Institute of Technology was established in May 2009. The department has two disciplines: Management and English. The department offers a Post Graduate Program (M Tech) in Engineering Management and also provides support to all other departments of the college for Management and English Subjects. The department and has expertise in system dynamics, modelling and simulation, organizational behaviour, econometrics and marketing, research methodology, linguistics, English literature and communication, German language and cultural studies. The Department plays a distinctive role in moulding the careers of engineers, as the spirit of scientific inquiry and application of technology need to be coupled with human values.
“Excellence in Engineering Management education through Innovation & Teamwork”
- To educate the students in the fields of engineering management and humanities through holistic teaching-learning processes
- To prepare the students to face the societal challenges and meet the needs of the stake holders
- Expertise in Management Studies: Financial, Operational, Project Management, Marketing and Human Resources
- Diverse and complimentary faculty profile
- Unique/Innovative Pedagogy
- Most sought after and diverse Open Electives/Minor in Business Management
- Entrepreneurship opportunities through MUTBI
- Specialization in system dynamics, linguistics, cultural studies and language studies
- Integrity and Trust
- Holistic Learning
- Ethics and Professionalism
- Concern for Society and Environment
The Department of Humanities and Management, MIT offers the following program:
World-class laboratories give learning a practical dimension
State-of-the-art Innovation Centre to facilitate multi-disciplinary research
Libraries have excellent resources for reference and study
Paper tree - A green initiative by MIT students of MUTBI
Wi-fi campus with modern computing and digital facilities
Research & Publications
The areas of research of the department are system dynamics, knowledge management, human resource, learning organisation, English language teaching, linguistics, cultural studies, marketing, organisational behaviour and financial management.
For me MAHE is a place with ample opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
Learning is an awesome experience at Manipal. This is the best place to be for students.
MAHE is giving us wings to fly and providing us with resources necessary to make it big in life.
MAHE has taught me the value of organisation and to be systematic in all my work.
My experience at MIT has been great from the beginning.
I’m glad I choose Manipal University.