The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established in 1960 and has fully equipped laboratories with meticulously planned layout and plenty of demonstration boards. Besides offering quality education to the students, the department offers consultancy services to industries.
Excellence in Electrical & Electronics Engineering Education through innovative practices and team work
- To produce qualified, motivated and well-rounded graduates possessing fundamental knowledge of electrical and electronics engineering who can provide solutions and services to the community at large.
- To promote research & innovation, and to keep abreast of emerging technologies in electrical and electronics engineering in order to serve the needs of industry, scientific community, and society.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
PEO1: Competent graduates who can apply the knowledge of electrical and electronics engineering to solve problems considering societal and environmental contexts.
PEO2: Engage in design of systems and applications using modern engineering tools in the field of electrical and electronics engineering and allied engineering domains.
PEO3: Graduates who can communicate well, work effectively in a team, exhibit high professional ethics and demonstrate leadership qualities.
PEO4: Engage in lifelong learning, career enhancement, pursuing higher education and research and adapt to changing professional and societal needs.
- One of the largest departments at MIT Manipal and in existence for more than 50 years
- Best-in-class infrastructure and faculty profile
- Curriculum is designed to facilitate students in pursuing higher education in India and abroad
- Strong industry interface with leading companies like Schneider Electric, CISCO, etc.
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education Scholarships for top 10% of the students in each program
- Placements offered by various core companies
- Active participation in consultancy, testing and research work.
- Lighting & Energy Studies
- Power & Control Systems
- Power Electronics & Drives
- Micro-electronics & Embedded Systems.
- MOU with Schneider Electric in Schneider’s R&D facility at Whitefield
- MOU with Cranes Software International, Bangalore (University program partner of Texas Instruments, India) to establish a teaching/research lab facility using C2000 Microcontrollers at MIT.